TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Identify this Part. Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Zeitgeist 13 Thu May 31, 2018 2:00 pm

That's definitely the cruise control unit, so someone either removed the rest of the CC or they decided to add the ECU to eff with someone down the line.

ALIKA T3 Thu May 31, 2018 10:50 pm

That connector is unused. Don't ask me what it is for, I've never seen it connected on any van I worked on :/

VicVan Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:11 am

Zeitgeist 13 wrote: That's definitely the cruise control unit, so someone either removed the rest of the CC or they decided to add the ECU to eff with someone down the line.

:-k

Interesting. I'll have to check if the rest of the system is there. Weird though.

Zeitgeist 13 Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:40 am

If your van has lots of power options, then there's a good chance it originally had CC. It's a really nice feature...when it works.

VicVan Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:25 am

Zeitgeist 13 wrote: If your van has lots of power options, then there's a good chance it originally had CC.
Yes

Zeitgeist 13 wrote: It's a really nice feature...when it works.
The perfect definition of a power featured thing. :lol:

Howesight Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:39 pm

The "four thing connector" connects to the vehicle speed sensor on the speedometer. See if your speedometer has the VSS on it. I added a hybrid VSS on my van:

vandoka Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:21 pm

I have a 1987 doka with the 1.6 TD. Without a good shop manual for this motor my question is more about "what part is missing?" on this manifold vent. Any ideas?