TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: US Virgin Islands Manx Pro Street Build Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Deh Shark Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:27 pm

Here we go with another Manx built dune buggy. This buggy shell was founded in Charlotte NC. It's been over 10 yrs.' Weather in the islands is always stays in the 80's. Building this buggy will be fun and a nice driver. Without further due. It's time.

Sitting against a tree in NC. After I did some work on it.

Here's sitting on a chassis I got from my buddy Sean.

After it came to the Virgin Islands. I stripped it and worked on the chassis.

Did some welding, Oshpor then Por-15.

Which one to use?

Then.. I decided to sell the chassis. Then bought a custom built chassis from David Barrett. Shorten the axles tubes 3 inches and raise torsion 3inches. Along with a full roll cage. Pro-Street. Gotta thanks David for building me a sweet chassis!

As you can see.. I don't want to cut the body. But I have to. So there will be some Mods going on here in this part section of the body.

Here's the mill that going in. 2387cc 48IDA's Alum case, 251 Web cam, Super Flows heads & to many others to mention.

Mocked up and fitted the Tranny and 3inch shorten Ball Joint beam.

Finally painted the chassis with Por-15. She is a beauty to behold. maybe I shoot a clear on it to keep this lustrous shine! eh.

Any advise are welcome for a good overall build of this Manx dune buggy. This coming weekend the Disc brakes and lines will be added. The front end and rear end will be dialed in. More pictures to come. Enjoy!!

flymanx Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:50 pm

The Great White keep the nice Pics coming.... Nice Manx !!!

Deh Shark Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:52 am

Thanks Flyman.. Today is suspension assembly time. Pic later

MURZI Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:19 am

I love the "island look". My buggy copied a lot of you guys styling. Awesome.

Khova Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:52 pm

Wah deh rasssss! SID starring! Yes sigh!

Yustrn Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:40 pm

Buggies are fun, I love mine!

Deh Shark Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:00 pm

Thanks fellas.. This one here will be a nice build. :D

TSFR Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:27 pm

NICE BUILD!! What are the chrome tail lights called and where could I get a set? Thanks!

Deh Shark Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:32 pm

Thanks TSFR.. I'm getting it together. Also.. the chrome tail lights are repo split tail lights. I got them from Kaefer-Nostalgie. Check out the link. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=248899

Deh Shark Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:21 pm

Shut It Down Racing Project Update:
On Sat Aug 31 2013
Some body work was done. I had to cut out the luggage compartment area so the body can sit flush flat on the chassis. The chassis torsion is raised 3 inches and Narrowed 3 inches.

Bugman Forsure doing his thing! Doing some Mods on the fiberglass.

Looking good! progress!!

Also the Disc brake were installed on all four corners plus the wheels!

I got to re adjust the suspension settings @ a later date once I get other stuff dialed in. Stay tune.. More pics & progress to come.

gr8cobbler Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:48 am

Well, you should get good air flow to the engine...... :shock: :lol:

I'll keep checking in to see what you do with that opportunity. It ought to be a pretty trick little buggy.

Deh Shark Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:14 pm

Most def gr8cobbler. I'm enjoying this build. More stuff to come.

Deh Shark Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:32 am

proud moment...

Humdinger Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:15 am

I love the pro street buggy style! I see you have drag radials on the rear... what kind of tranny, axles, etc are you running to hold the power vs tire grip?

Humdinger Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:20 am

I love the pro street buggy style! I see you have drag radials on the rear... what kind of tranny, axles, etc are you running to hold the power vs tire grip?

Deh Shark Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:39 pm

@ Humdinger. The motor is a 2387cc 48IDA's Alum case, 251 Web cam, Super Flows heads 2 inch headers with stinger. Trans is basically rebuilt stock but some mods were done to suit gearings for the hills. Rear tires are 275/50/15 Mickey Thompson Drag radials. 3 inch shorten axles and torsion is raised 3 inchs as well. The buggy is just a driver... Pro Stock profile.. but just a driver :D lol..

Deh Shark Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:00 pm

I got my Fiberglass seat from a fellow dune buggy owner from St Croix. Seat are sweet!!

Art.b Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:17 pm

That's a real nice buggy project. Cant wait to see it finished!

Deh Shark Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:15 am

Updates:
I got my Gene Berg Shifter and Shift Box from DeluxeIron http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1425109
Doug make some sweet parts. I got my mid mount from him also. Great guy.

Here's me chilling like a villain in the tub. Great place to just relax and pass time. Work starts again. More pic to come.

Deh Shark Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:33 pm

Some work was done today. A new Brake line was placed and the rear end was re-indexed to sit lower.