TheSamba.com Forums
 
  View original topic: Velvet Green Single in MD Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Schwing Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:03 am

Anyone recognize this single cab from MD?
I purchased it last week on Hawkins Point Rd in Curtis Bay, MD from Rob Strain. Looks like its bounced around Samba classifieds over the last few years, as I have already learned that user shanemorgan scored it on a farm as a package deal with 2 other buses.

Rob got it from a guy who was in the military. He was from Perryville, MD.

Any help or info is very much appreciated. Thanks!





1967250s Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:45 am

Was watchingthat SC. Nice to see it has new home. Bring her back to life.

Schwing Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:03 pm

1967250s wrote: Was watchingthat SC. Nice to see it has new home. Bring her back to life.

You got it man consider it done 8)

nice dad Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:36 pm

Oh cool. looks like you have the OE spare tire bracket assembly.

Jealous :D

Schwing Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:43 pm

Yeah I think I got lucky on that one for sure.
Picked up a driver door and a new window frame for the pass side.

Looks like I'll be cleaning up the hinge plates so I can get that door mounted. I wanted to have the doors aligned properly before I go replacing inner/outer valence and doglegs.




Schwing Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:44 pm

Oh and I vacuumed out the interior and made a wood platform with a rear seat pad for a Thing so my son can hang out while I tinker. He's 5 and a bus junky.

Braukuche Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:39 pm

Schwing wrote: Oh and I vacuumed out the interior and made a wood platform with a rear seat pad for a Thing so my son can hang out while I tinker. He's 5 and a bus junky.

You guys back East get my respect for taking on projects like that. Look forward to seeing it up and running.

caseydenise Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:57 pm

Glad to see you got a split! Good luck with your resto and let me know if you need any help.

Bus found a great family to take care of it.

LAGrunthaner Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:11 pm

2x 8)

caseydenise wrote: Glad to see you got a split! Good luck with your resto and let me know if you need any help.

Bus found a great family to take care of it.

mannys66 Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:39 pm

have fun with it.

Stall20 Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:51 pm

Congrats again. Glad you scored the truck. If you need any metal or other parts please don't hesitate to ask. Im always up for helping out a friend and seeing another old split bus or truck get back up and going.

kenshapiro2002 Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:35 pm

When you cross the bridge back into the USA, lemme know...conserving a '67 Deluxe 13 in Baltimore.

Schwing Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:41 am

kenshapiro2002 wrote: When you cross the bridge back into the USA, lemme know...

haha nice bust on eastern shore. \:D/
I'd love to check out your project and pick your brain on metal repair on these beasts. Your build is coming along great! Are you in Balto or a suburb? This single cab was found near Baltimore.

kenshapiro2002 Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:44 am

'Burbs...Parkville, just east of Towson. No need to come armed!

Schwing Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:30 pm

Well that hinge plate really fought me! Broken off bolt, broken off easy out, so I just cut an access hole to get to the plate. Even with it off the car, loads of heat and PB it was a lost cause. I had some scrap steel the same gauge so I fabbed a bracket (temporary while I line stuff up). Eventually I'll buy lower a pillars on both side, but for now this gave me a door, and some protection from the elements.



Doors are opening and closing everywhere I go.


mandraks Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:35 pm

Schwing wrote: Well that hinge plate really fought me! Broken off bolt, broken off easy out, so I just cut an access hole to get to the plate. Even with it off the car, loads of heat and PB it was a lost cause. I had some scrap steel the same gauge so I fabbed a bracket (temporary while I line stuff up). Eventually I'll buy lower a pillars on both side, but for now this gave me a door, and some protection from the elements.

Doors are opening and closing everywhere I go.




have you considered windows? :) used to have a VERY rusty 65 single, velvet green, i sympathize


Schwing Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:13 pm

mandraks wrote: Schwing wrote: Well that hinge plate really fought me! Broken off bolt, broken off easy out, so I just cut an access hole to get to the plate. Even with it off the car, loads of heat and PB it was a lost cause. I had some scrap steel the same gauge so I fabbed a bracket (temporary while I line stuff up). Eventually I'll buy lower a pillars on both side, but for now this gave me a door, and some protection from the elements.

Doors are opening and closing everywhere I go.




have you considered windows? :) used to have a VERY rusty 65 single, velvet green, i sympathize

Well I bought it 10 days ago so there's lots on the "get" list :wink:
A good friend of mine is shipping them to me from NY though I have some minor patches to do around the windshield frame. Haven't decided whether I'll tape em in, cover with a tarp or sacrifice a new set of window seals that will just get cut out when I go into paint spring/summer.

73sports Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:27 pm



Velvet green single cabs unite! Mine was not quite as rough when I started, but I still have loads to fix to make it good. Still managed to haul my tool to the new job with it.

imfastareyou Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:03 pm

Ambitious project! I like it! I think I saw that on Craigslist (north of Baltimore maybe?) a few months back. Good luck! Need to see more of these on the road around here.

Schwing Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:25 am

mandraks wrote:

have you considered windows? :) used to have a VERY rusty 65 single, velvet green, i sympathize



That's a beauty. I didn't notice this picture yesterday. Its funny how they appear to be less rusty on a monitor. This one could be my double :lol:



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group