TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Jerome Jamboree XXIV September 19-21, 2014 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
BulliBill Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:10 pm

gt1953 wrote: 22 days and counting down.
I sure will enjoy driving the Raffle bus home.

Yeah, to my home in St. Louis, MO after I win it!

Bill

fergus Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:40 pm

Looking forward to seeing everyone and enjoying this unique event. Bring as much garbage as you like we'll remove all of it!

Hoping to three-peat and get all my vehicles there this year. Iguana is getting a freshened up 28 pci carb to compliment her amazing Jeremiah Polynone interior, Sky King should be sporting new shoes and Lobo Bus will be making her Jerome Debut!

See you there!!!

64 ragtop volks Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:47 pm

Got 2 busses rolling in from texas.leaving next saturday night.prob goof off in havasu for a day or 2 before heading up to camp out.cant wait

vegpedlr Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:17 pm

Is my water boxer welcome? I don't want to mess up people's air cooled chi. But I can prove my VW status by having my van puke coolant all over you. It's like a trained seal. And regale you with tales of my Four Corners road trip where I can't even get out of AZ.

joseph928 Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:28 pm

vegpedlr wrote: Is my water boxer welcome? I don't want to mess up people's air cooled chi. But I can prove my VW status by having my van puke coolant all over you. It's like a trained seal. And regale you with tales of my Four Corners road trip where I can't even get out of AZ. All vw's are welcome! :D They let me in with my Syncro. :wink:

64 ragtop volks Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:20 am

How is the road into camp?can a lowerd bus make it in?

GTV Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:21 am

64 ragtop volks wrote: How is the road into camp?can a lowerd bus make it in?

Yes

64 ragtop volks Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:46 pm

Thanks GTV

mattman1972 Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:05 pm

What's the earliest day we can campout.

rjonas Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:26 am

All years of VW are welcome to the event....we encourage you to bring your oldest ones though.

Friday morning the gates will be open. Camping available for Friday and Saturday nights only.

Schedule of events:

Code of conduct (rules):

vegpedlr Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:39 pm

Where can I find more info about participating in the chili cook off? I would like to enter, but I'm not sure about the logistics in my Westy.

Sounds like a lotta fun, but beware my puking coolant. You have been warned.

gt1953 Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:24 am

Looking ahead at the long range weather, the dust may be settled by some moisture 80% on Thursday and 50% on Friday. That will not inhibit me from driving the bus back to my house on Sunday!

johny__utah Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:54 am

Last minute weekend "camp" installations for the bus along with oil change and trans/brake fluid check .. Packing is the fun part,, hitting the road early Friday (4am) along with a couple other Yumans! See you all there and safe travels!

BulliBill Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:11 am

Hey, do the wipers actually work on the ABC "Raffle Bus"? I'm gonna need 'em for the long drive back home to St. Louis... I'm just sayin'!

Bill

64 ragtop volks Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:53 am

Bad news bullibill that bus is going to texas.i allready have a person to drive it back here.rainx works better then wipers ever will

richparker Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:20 pm

Thanks for post of all the info. I understand you guys are concerned about space, are side tents ok?

We got 2 buses rolling out Thursday from Durango, Co.

vegpedlr Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:39 pm

Will ice be available at the venue, or do we need to bring enough to last the weekend?

cjacaz Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:46 pm

Tents are fine and ice is in town at the bar but stock up before camp

borninabus Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:17 pm

Any buses (or vans) rolling in this week are welcome to free camping in my front yard and use of the facilities at my house in the cool pines outside of Prescott.
And if you require more than that I also work @ the local VW shop :)

I am 6mi outside Prescott (Groom Creek), about an hour drive to Jerome from there.
I know of a loose caravan leaving Prescott @ 7-8am Friday morning.

PM if interested.

VWGreenhorn Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:22 pm

I'm having my 66 trailered up Saturday. Will there be parking near the site for the tow rig and trailer, or will I have to find a place somewhere else? Thanks for any advice!!