TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Flagstaff KOA High Altitude Kampout 2014 July 25th-27th Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
VWCampGirl Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:00 am

Ok Folks....so here's the skinny:

The owner of the campground passed away last year so the camp is currently under contract to become a grocery store. However, that is going to be a long process. So we have recently been given at least a year, hopefully 2 years before we close the doors.

So we are going to continue with tradition and have the VW campout this year. Although it may be a little scaled back from normal. We won't be having a raffle but we will still make event shirts. I am sure the LBB will be up for doing corn hole and vending will still be free. If you guys want I can bring in food vendors like normal.

Price will be same as last year $25 per dub for the weekend...early comers are an extra $10 per night.

You can get details on the campground at www.Flagstaffkoa.com
Free wifi, showers, bathrooms, coffee, laundry rooms, on site grocery store, utilities at each site, off leash dog park, playground, bounce house, splash pad and game room.

Kid and pet friendly as long as you keep em on a leash! :)

As far as 2015 we won't know until the beginning of the year just as we did this year so just bare with us. We will keep it going as long as the powers that be say we can.

If you have any questions...let er rip tater chip!

kjmattheis Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:13 am

a great VW camp out, I think the best camp out in AZ. of the year! :D

erlawson Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:23 am

kjmattheis wrote: a great VW camp out, I think the best camp out in AZ. of the year! :D

I second that! Just put in for the days off.

Eddie

wanderbusvw Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:32 pm

Yay! We will be there!

A grocery store? That's disappointing.

Thanks Janyel and all your helpers for doing this!

VWCampGirl Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:29 pm

Thanks you guys :) but to be honest, thank my lumberjack of a husband. I didn't want to do it, but he talked me into it. If were closing, might as well go out with a party! Do you guys want food vendors again?

pb24ss Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:04 pm

12 +/- hour drive to go camping with BigBusMike again? Tempting.

EZ Gruv Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:57 pm

Happy to report that I will finally be making this event! Looking forward to it!

wanderbusvw Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:06 pm

Janyel I love the Indian Fry Bread, would love to have them back!

Yay Eric!!!

Solrider Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:23 pm

This will be my first time at this event, hopefully not the last! Perhaps after the KOA closes we can just move it somewhere else 'high altitude'.

Anyway, in in in, and thanks for organizing!! :D

johny__utah Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:40 am

Awesome Janyel! Thanks to the both of you and everyone involved. Count us in, also I'll be dragging as much Yuma people as possible! Not sure if i asked but are small fire pits permitted??

catmando Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:06 am

All we need is to hang out there!

johny__utah Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:37 am

Any special rates for the show?? Want a T-Peeeeeeeee!!

VWCampGirl Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:53 pm

Mark..I'll put you down for a teepee :)

LandSailor Sun May 11, 2014 11:14 am

Screw you, "progress"! Yes, that's what the world needs more of...grocery stores!

We will do our best to be there!

VWCampGirl Sun May 11, 2014 11:40 am

I agree!

Desert bus man ...I got your message about #62. You got it!

Desertbusman Sun May 11, 2014 5:58 pm

VWCampGirl wrote:
Desert bus man ...I got your message about #62. You got it! Thanks babe! Looking forward to seeing you guys.

Glad on the event shirts. The old ones are getting worn out :lol:

johny__utah Mon May 12, 2014 8:15 am

Had a little bbq over the weekend and I brought up your show dates. I'm gathering all the Volkswagen Yu-mans as possible! :van_blue: :bay_white: :bay_red: :bug_yellow: :bus_purple: :bus_orange: :bus_blue: :bus_red:

Bugga Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:21 pm

Hoping to get hubby to say yes to this still...

918griffin Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:38 am

Are there any spaces still availbale? KOA website says full.

Rollie777 Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:53 am

Great time!!!!!! I will be there a day early.... Might even bring the Single Cab.....(-;