TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: is this to much stereo??
speed_demon Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:21 am

ok im running a new pioneer deck with 4 6x9s, 2 6 1/2's and a seat of tweets then a 200 watt amp with 6 1/2" bass tube ? do u think its to much for a baja?? let me know

nik Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:40 am

Does it sound good?
nik

speed_demon Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:44 am

yeah, the bass is so tight and its so loud but my mom said if i get one more sound violation shes gonna take my face plate and she always complains about its to much stereo for the inside of a bug, some people might find it excessive for a baja to have all that in it but i like my stereo, and like what do u guys run in your bajas if anything?

nik Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:52 am

If it sounds good, then it's not to much stereo. I got stopped by an officer ahwhile back saying to turn down my stereo or he would write me a citation cause he could hear it from so many feet away. What a joke.
nik

speed_demon Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:55 am

yea thats what i got cause he could hear the bass more than 50 feet away, yeah im gonna keep it until it i get in trouble again

bajaherbie Fri Jan 02, 2004 4:34 am

i like to listen to the sounds of my tri-mill exhaust with no muffler!! thats music to my ears

speed_demon Fri Jan 02, 2004 4:39 am

oh i wish u guys could here my baja when it starts ive never heard one so loud and deep, it has dual exhaust but instead of an opening like a normal exhaust on like this ----> o, ya know straight threw round it has a flat piece of metal that covers the hole where the smoke comes out and there are 4 small holes drilled around the edge and a bigger one in the center if i can figure out how to ad a picture i can draw it but i wanna know what kind of exhaust it is

DanGreen Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:57 am

I had two 6"x 9"'s two 5 1/4"'s , a Sony CD player and two 12"JL Audio Subs powered by a Rockford Fosgate punch A2 amp. I barrowed my brothers 12" Infinity, which is a better speaker but didnt match the power of the two twelves, and took the two 12"'s out and left them at home. My amp. and my brothers sub were stolen one night so I had to give him my two JL's :cry: . I was probably ripped off by a crack head! In fact I'm pretty sure I was. Now all I have is my 5 1/4"'s and the 6"x9"'s.

I never got pulled over and I played it LOUD. Lucky I guess. OH! and I set off my first car alarm on sunday! :twisted: That baja stinger sure is loud without a baffle.

Chris Dotson Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:22 pm

I had a 250 watt 4 chanel amp and a 200 watt amp with 12" subs and all that stuff when I first got my baja together in '88. It would hurt your ears and I loved it. I guess someone decided they like the way it sounded also and ripped it out of my poor little bug. I'm just glad they didn't take the entire car. I haven't had a stereo in the bug sense. I totally agree with Baja herbie 100% that the sound of the VW engine is music to my ears and heart. I like to listen to the tranny, breaks, clutch and all. Harleys are the only other engine that have their own sound that make people fall in love with the exaust note. I really like to hear everything the car is doing when off-roading, so I know that all is well. The Volkswagen air cooled engine reverberating inside my baja with no head liner or door panels really sounds cool on the highway. It trully is music I tell you.