TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: All Air-Cooled Gathering, Flanders, NJ Sept 20-21st 2014 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
obnoxiousblue Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:03 pm

shano63 wrote:

:D

Next year, this is the 2015 winner folks!

Rome Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:45 pm

This is the first Gathering among nearly every one held so far, where I did not attempt to get an overall shot of the display field... Still, here are a few sections. Sorry for the low-res images, which I emailed to friends who missed the event.

Ghias:

Bus canyon. The row seemed endless! Halfway down was the transition to splitties; I counted easily 30 of them.

No more life in the slow lane- a 2.4 liter Porsche 911 engine.

Modified fat chicks-

Jhicken- your toga white '69 ended up next to me/my green '77 here on the field. You have a very impressive and CLEAN engine! Thanks to your club for the efforts to make a great event.

p horvath Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:01 pm

was worth the 1600 mile round trip from south carolina.
too bad i didn't bring a vw.

noneed Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:03 pm

Is that Dubstar hanging out up on the BBQ Bus Bar with his camera in hand ??
If it is...I REALLY can't wait to see his show pics now 8)
Even more so then usual !

79SuperVert Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:29 pm

obfuscurity wrote: I've uploaded all of my photos from the show today up to Flickr.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/78527903@N00/sets/72157647827712486/

WOW, that was a lot of photos. Thanks.

shano63 Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:35 pm

obnoxiousblue wrote: shano63 wrote:

You don't eff around Mike...love it :D

obnoxiousblue Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:40 pm

It needs more weight.
A few modifications for next year and it'll be first - not third.

ultrarareparts Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:28 pm

I though my daughters dune buggy racer took him out in the second round!!!

obnoxiousblue Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:48 pm

Your daughters dune buggy took me out in the second to last heat.
It went:

You vs me (with you winning)
You vs Tom (with Tom winning)

noneed Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:19 pm

obnoxiousblue wrote: shano63 wrote:

Keep dreaming Mike.
I'll be the first to admit that Raul's daughter's dune buggy was a force to be reckoned with...but that was they're first time and they still blew that T4 slug off the track.
Maybe if your case was as pretty as your valve cover ?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I think that winning racer has all of us thinking the same thing...
Next year I'm using bearings, more weight, and fruit-boot wheels :P

obnoxiousblue Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:40 pm

Oh yah, no doubt the red buggy wiped me.
But, I stil made it much farther than you, Sean or Manny!
It became clear that weight is the biggest factor. Both the Buggy and Toms "green abortion" were SIGNIFICANTLY heavier than my car.

noneed Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:48 pm

obnoxiousblue wrote: Oh yah, no doubt the red buggy wiped me.
But, I stil made it much farther than you, Sean or Manny!
It became clear that weight is the biggest factor. Both the Buggy and Toms "green abortion" were SIGNIFICANTLY heavier than my car.

At one point I think Tom told me that monster weighed 9.5 pounds :shock:
Prior to that, I'd figured that sorta weight would slow a good racer down on the flat part of the track...
I guess not so much ~

ultrarareparts Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:13 pm

Luci's buggy weights about 5.5 to 6 pound. Used my wife's kitchen scale . I had a bunch of stick on wheel weights from work but forgot to put them on. It was already kind of heavy for her to pick it up. Btw, Next year I'm going the full 9.9 pounds. With new bearings.

jhicken Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:01 pm

On another note, the only downside to the whole show was yet again some rat fuck bastard stole the show banner that was out on the road. I've held off saying anything because I was really pissed and now that a week has gone by I've regained my composure so I thought I'd mention something.

If any of you guys know who this low life is, he isn't cool, he's a dirt bag. This limp-dick punk thinks he's the shit because he now has this cool banner probably hanging in his bedroom in his parents basement but what he doesn't get is that he just didn't rip off some big corporate entity, or even our club, he has ripped off Operation Jersey Cares! That means he has taken away some the much needed support for New Jersey Veterans. That just isn't cool. I now gotta go out and spend another couple hundred bucks to replace it, that's money that wont go to the men and women who protect our country.

Guys, this just isn't cool. Folks wonder why some events cost so much to get in. We have tried very hard to keep the price of entry low, the price hasn't changed in 10 years but if this keeps up, we are going to have to raise the entry fees. So because of this low-life, everyone may suffer. If this shit-stain is your friend, buddy, mate or boyfriend, he's screwing things up for everyone. You shouldn't associate yourself with someone of such dismal character.

I had someone say to me that I should take it as a compliment but I don't. I believe that individuals like this make our world a lesser place. I would wish this guy to lose a wheel on the way home and wrap his ride around a telephone pole but I won't lower myself to that level. I believe in karma and this ass hat will get his soon enough.

Really, if you want one of our banners, just ask and I'll have one made for you, just don't steal it.

Alright, enough venting.....

-jeffrey

seansofthedead Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:31 am

Dude that's not cool. This is the main event every year for most of us on the East Coast.

mattcuddy Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:55 am

Good lord, isn't this the 2nd time someone stole it?

Major props on the show as always. I never think it can, but it really gets even better with each passing year.

GLHTurbo Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:35 am

maybe it was a disgruntled neighbor to the SSC that doesn't like the influx of traffic? I hope that's the case and not a member of the ACVW community.

BlastMasterMannyFresh Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:16 am

mattcuddy wrote: Good lord, isn't this the 2nd time someone stole it?

Major props on the show as always. I never think it can, but it really gets even better with each passing year.

That's what I thought too. For a minute I thought I was reading last year's thread. If there is any consolation is that the show was amazing this year.

caseydenise Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:53 am

I would also think it could be some local Flanders kids.
I picked up all the camping signs around 10am and not one was missing. I thought one might get stolen, but knew my people wouldn't.

Oh, great show as always :D

BlastMasterMannyFresh Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:12 am

next year, you guys should just make a cardboard sign and hang it from the side of a minivan like a garage sale sign.