TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: VW needed for new car restoration TV show
CarResto Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:23 pm

Do you or someone you know have a VW Thing or other unique cars you’ve been meaning to fix up but just never got around to?
Something that’s buried in your backyard collecting dust?
A car that you’ve had since childhood and just can’t part with?

We're looking for people in GA, NC, SC, AL, or TN with unique cars and
interesting stories for a new TV show where we put in the work to get
these cars back on the road. We'll hear your story, then take your car
and fix it up for you for a fraction of what it would usually cost.

If you think you and your car fit the bill, send us a brief background
story of your car and situation.

Thank You
[email protected]

FreakCitySF Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:22 pm

What about Californians? :)

Chris

VWCOOL Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:55 pm

How about OZ?!

bald_dude43 Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:07 pm

I bet your show would benefit from a Hawaiian setting! Think about it! I have a 73 Thing that is a daily driver and certainly could use an overhaul. Mahalo!

CraigInPA Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:06 am

Up for a challenge? Lots of rusty things in PA, including one in my garage for years...

STLCAR Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:16 am

How about missouri not to far from tn?

fragile_this_side_up Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:37 am

Virginia?? :D

madriding1 Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:08 am

Ive got a 1947 Cadillac Limo that is partially restored in Colorado.. Come finish it up. :lol:

CarResto Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:44 am

Ha, you guys are funny. I wish we could go to Hawaii, maybe down the road! I'll push for it :)
For now we're looking to stay in the mentioned states. But honestly, if something awesome comes up, you never know.

CarResto Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:45 am

STLCAR wrote: How about missouri not to far from tn?
Naa, not to far. What do you have?

dlandvw3 Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:16 pm

Just sent you an email about my cousin, in Georgia, who has a 61 Ghia Vert and a VW Thing. He runs a ministry called Bugs4Christ where he mentors teens and young adults while restoring old VW's. He's given away 10+ in the last eight years to people in need, and any old one he gets he passes on to one of the teens, young adults, or volunteers that work with Bugs4Christ.

The only two he's kept are the Ghia and the Thing, and he never gets around to building them because he's always working on other's cars and needs.

The cars would make a good project, and more so I believe his story would make a good one for the show. Please, I'd love to talk to someone in more detail, because he's probably the most unselfish derserving person I know.

Darrell
http://www.bugs4christ.com
http://www.facebook.com/bugs4christ

bald_dude43 Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:34 pm

Well if you can't come to paradise and show case my "Thing", my next vote would be for Bugs4Christ. That's a really cool story. But .... if you change your mind we do have a lot of Aloha here :lol: