TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Tire size advice for ghia?
tan65vw Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:42 pm

hi guys just wanted some input on tires for a ghia. I have deep dish 15x 7.5 rear fuch rims and was wondering what size tires i should put? Any input or pics would be greatly appreciated.

WooleyNelson Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:31 am

It appears you have some reasonably large fenderflares, so your size might not be limited by fender clearance.
So..... i would have to go by your rim width and say some 215/60's or some 225/55's would fit the wheel properly and come close to being the correct rolling diameter.
If you want the typical hot rod "big'n'little's" - you might go with a taller section - 215/70 or 225/60.

All of this depends an awful lot on your fender flares and wheel offset.

Tire Rack and other sites have tire dimensional charts that will tell you diameter, tread width and overall width.

You will have to determine yourself what will actually fit in your case by measuring the room you have vs the actual size of the tire you select.

Good Luck!

tan65vw Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:45 pm

@WooleyNelson thanks a lot im thinking of going with the 215/60's as you suggested. Thanks a lot for the input. Ill post some pictures of them after i get them installed.

tan65vw Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:27 pm

@WooleyNelson I just installed the tires today im very happy with the results. Went with the 215/60's.

WooleyNelson Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:01 am

Looking good!!!

Can you give us some more info on your flares?

Did you make them yourself? Graft them in from another car?

Previous owner make them?

Inquiring minds......etc.

tan65vw Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:17 pm

@WooleyNelson thanks, The car came with the flares when i bought it. The car was lifted and had huge tires. It also had a 2in lift spacer that was installed between the body and the chassis. But it appears the owner had grafted the flares from another car. I just re welded the flares when i stripped the paint because they weren't properly welded on and was cracking around the flares. Here are some pics of the ghia before i started on it.

WooleyNelson Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:42 am

Wow! Looks like you may have had a "Baja Ghia"....
Big tires and a body lift!
I do like what you done with it.
Much nicer than previous!
Keep posting pics of your progress.