TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Theft insurance questions for 356 during restoration
William Crowell Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:22 am

I haven't had my 356 insured while it's been off the road during its re-restoration.

Would anyone have any suggestions or advice for me about where to find theft insurance while my car is being sandblasted and in the body shop?

Should I just contact my usual classic car carrier, or does any carrier especially address the restoration market?

Thanks.

tallman206 Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:30 am

I have my two collectable cars insured by Hagerty. One is drivable, and one is under major rustoration. The one that is living in other person's shops is registered with Hagerty as a non-drivable car under restoration, and as I move it from shop to shop, I notify Hagerty of its new location, and also adjust the value of the car as the restoration progresses, so there are no surprises if there were to be a theft or accident (building burning down, etc.)

LHG Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:53 pm

tallman206 wrote: I have my two collectable cars insured by Hagerty. One is drivable, and one is under major rustoration. The one that is living in other person's shops is registered with Hagerty as a non-drivable car under restoration, and as I move it from shop to shop, I notify Hagerty of its new location, and also adjust the value of the car as the restoration progresses, so there are no surprises if there were to be a theft or accident (building burning down, etc.)

I concur and have done the same.