TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Rust Repair - Driver's Side Floor - Accelerator Pedal Area Page: Previous  1, 2
Can1 Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:34 pm

I think I have the same problem,
The passenger side is mint, look brand new, the drivers side unfortunately has been going on for a while. How did you seal that front seam above the headlights? Did you have to pull the dash? What type of sealer did you use.

Forthwithtx Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:22 pm

Can1 wrote: I think I have the same problem,
The passenger side is mint, look brand new, the drivers side unfortunately has been going on for a while. How did you seal that front seam above the headlights? Did you have to pull the dash? What type of sealer did you use.

It was all external. Removed what I could of the old sealer and replaced it with Dynatron 550. Went from wet after every rain to dry as a bone. Others have found the antenna grommet to be at fault, and even window seals, but my problem was the seam.

Can1 Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:48 am

Thanks for the reply. I have the carpet out and the insulation pulled up so it can dry. I'm hoping I don't have to cut too much out of the floor. At least it's not structural and the rest of the van is great. I bought it in Jan so didn't catch this because from underneath you can't see it.

lorencjackson59 Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:03 pm

You have inspired me to tackle this. The only panel I could find to purchase was $250 plus shipping

MarkWard Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:20 am

I wouldn’t waste my money on panels you don’t see to fix rust holes. I’d look for a donor part or fab my own out of sheet metal. Only you will know it’s not original.