TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: EZ Camper Identification
Lost in Space Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:42 am

Just figured one of you guys out there has to be knowledgeable in how to really identify a EZ Camper conversion.

I have allways assumed thats what my '66 is, going by what little literature I have seen, and the one other example I have seen in person.

Any links to good pics of little details that help ID the EZ brand ?

Also, anybody know of any history and info on the company ?

Thanks ! :)

ChrisFred Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:00 am

Here is a picture of an EZ Camper interior to my knowledge.

Please note: I do not own any pictures here and give credit to the rightful owners.

You also should take some pictures and post them for our judgement in the community to decide what it is.

ChrisFred Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:34 am

PS: All EZ Camper to my knowledge are a non-walkthrough due to a second bench seat next to the since facing the fold out bench seat.

Lost in Space Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:22 am

Those pics have some similarity to my bus.......but my doors are square cut instead of ovals for openings.....kind of more crude.

However my spice rack is more deluxe and I have a nice sink.

Some of the hinge hardware looks similar, and the trim by where the "Curtain rod area" has a similar scalloped shape.

I will post pics in a day or two.

Meanwhile.........any other info and links on EZ Campers would be great ! :P

volksaddict Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:16 am

Quote: All EZ Camper to my knowledge are a non-walkthrough
Mine is a walkthru :D doubledoor too :D :D

ChrisFred Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:57 am

volksaddict wrote: Quote: All EZ Camper to my knowledge are a non-walkthrough
Mine is a walkthru :D doubledoor too :D :D

I stand corrected :)

suebug Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:46 pm

Lost in Space wrote: Those pics have some similarity to my bus.......but my doors are square cut instead of ovals for openings.....kind of more crude.

However my spice rack is more deluxe and I have a nice sink.

Some of the hinge hardware looks similar, and the trim by where the "Curtain rod area" has a similar scalloped shape.

I will post pics in a day or two.

Meanwhile.........any other info and links on EZ Campers would be great ! :P
You may have a Sundial camper. Post pics of your valance notches, cabinet doors, sink, etc.

Lost in Space Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:22 am

Ok folks.......what is my '66 ?

Lost in Space Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:24 am

Lost in Space Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:41 am

Microdot Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:16 am

I could be wrong - but I think the EZ campers before 1967 or 1966 were walk throughs. My 67 EZ Camper has the 2/3 seat facing backward next to the icebox - so no walk through.
Also, it seems like the EZ campers had the oval cabinet doors (closet, spice rack, etc.) where Sundials had the square cabinets?

Looking to verify that mine originally had 1/3 - 2/3 front seats. When I got my bus in 1977, those were replaced with funky single bucket seats with a built in middle console. I am looking for that model seat and also for the original spice cabinet (I always thought it was and used it as, my liquor cabinet and the spices were kept in a stash place up front.... :lol: