TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Unofficial samba meetup picture thread
Abscate Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:39 pm

Nice meeting you Robbie...3000 miles from home!!

TomWesty Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:55 pm

What? No story?

VWDog Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:22 pm

I thought Robbie's Bus had a lower body colour bumper. Or did he just have his "spare" on :)

richparker Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:59 pm

Here's my wife, my son, me (the Rich P.) and samba member SevenOaks. We met up at Ska brewing here in Durango for a few pints. Great guy, can't wait to meet up again...

Samba members Mtnbus, richparker, and chazzD at the Jerome Jamboree...:)

I know I have one of Jeff Geisen and I from when he was at my house, I'll look for it.

airschooled Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:22 am

Thanks for the picture Steve! It was great meeting you and shouting about real-world stuff over the Fox News masses in the background… That European picture pulling the sailboat sure is sweet!

VWDog wrote: I thought Robbie's Bus had a lower body colour bumper. Or did he just have his "spare" on :)

Not anymore… I do occasionally post pictures from a while ago. The white bumpers highlight the lower lines of the body so well though, I can't hide it! See below… ;)

The elusive desertbusman was the first Samba member I met in person… No photos of us though, but our buses made the rounds of local shows in Arizona:

Here is Bugsy Malone (Ant) and I a few years ago, on her trip from British Columbia to Cuba and back!

The man, the myth, the legend, Stuartzickiefoose!!

And of course, who could forget Pookiebus??

babysnakes Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:08 am

Another one of Desertbusman pulling into a Mexican restaurant in Old Town Scottsdale. I've met up with him several times, but no pics together.

Note the updated pinstripes.

richparker Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:31 pm

Partying down hard with samba member Mtnbus at the Ska Brewing 2015/16 season kick off party in Silverton, Co after an day of epic snowboarding!

Glenn Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:41 pm

Classic 2006

Litchfield 2005

ROCKOROD71 Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:15 am

Q-Dog and myself on the rare occasion he is up in Boston form Louisiana visiting family. Curiously, HE is the one with the sox hat on!

crukab Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:40 pm

February 2008, Stanagon, Chris Toby/Bubblehead & Jim Phillips/JMPCounty droped in at my place, 1st Cabin Fever weekend ?? I really don't remember why they came by.... We were up very late..... :lol:

Which has mushroomed into this, 2016:

13 Samba Bus guys w/ 49 Buses between us...

and we were up very late..... :lol:

73sports Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:00 pm

I suppose some of the Trailbash group shots would work here too...

enjoyther1de Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:47 pm

Captain Owen, pinto,tire kicker,enjoyther1de and wife.

ROCKOROD71 Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:21 am

STANAGON NEEDS TO BRING THOSE SIDEBURNS BACK! :lol:

richparker Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:07 pm

Had a drive by from member Mtnbus.

Q-Dog Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:21 pm

ROCKOROD71 wrote: Q-Dog and myself on the rare occasion he is up in Boston form Louisiana visiting family. Curiously, HE is the one with the sox hat on!

How did I miss this one? I was thinking (hoping?) this photo might never see the light of day!

richparker Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:28 pm

Samba member asiab3 (left) and me, richparker (right). This is near the end of his multi month 15,000+ mile US road trip. Photo was taken at Ska brewing right around the 13,000 mile of the trip. He needed a place to work on his engine as it was making a bad sound. Turned out to be a 4 day visit with a complete tear down and rebuild. Cam ate a lifter and was going flat. Local shop hooked him up with the necessary parts and seal kit. He rebuilt the engine on my work bench and was back on the road with plenty of time to make Thanksgiving dinner with his folks.

Craig Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:25 am

I contacted the Volkswagen Owners Group of Newfoundland before we traveled there in September 2015. They are Sambinos as well. We met up in St. John's for lunch.
Scott (newfoundgti), myself, Mark, and Bob (bobnorman). The DC belongs to Mark.

richparker Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:13 pm

Met up with Samba member Mtnbus at the 2017/18 Venture season kick off party.