View original topic: What is that?
Hornman Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:50 pm

Hello! First time posting in this forum :roll: . I have a quick question:

What is that on top?

Chris Dotson Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:31 pm

I guess you are seirous so here is what it is. There is a remote oil coller inside the air scoop. The idea is cooler oil more power and better engine life. It hooks up to the oil system at the back of the engine case like a regular aftermarket oil filter does, but this type run lines to the top of the car and back down. It might keep your oil cooler but Don't go under any trees or damage the oil lines streached all up the back of your car. After all thoes lines and cooler hold the life blood to your ride home.

Ratt Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:36 pm

Yup, its an oil cooler scoop. I am just going to mount min straight to the roof with a spacer, and throw a 12v fan on it. Those stupid Fiberglass things cost $100+ and there is not really any good way to mount them.

62ragman Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:15 pm

Like Chris said its a sure way to ruin a perfectly good engine with the aid of a tree branch. Save the $100 for something else like good shocks or...

Chris Dotson Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:57 pm

I'm glad you guys agree. I don't really like them either. Although remote oil coler and fan are good if properly located.

Hornman Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:54 pm

:oops: Thanks man. Ya, I was serious...seem obvious now, though. You don't see many of those on split busses :lol: Kind of looks funky up there. Thanks Off Roaders!


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group