TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Rarest accessory? Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59, 60  Next
2bugtony Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:21 pm

Hello
I bought a 73 bug recently and when I was cleaning it out I found a Empi am fm radio. I saw one like it on here and was wondering what it might be worth? I hook it up to and it lights up i didn't have it hooked to speakers but I do believe that it works.
Thanks any info that you have

c_wilburn Mon May 07, 2018 3:29 pm

I had a couple Hazet boxes, the accessory long coat hanger for an early beetle, I just got a "empi" capped coach wheel, and some other stuff. Nothing super rare, but I dig it.
Oh, I do have a set of 14x6 and 14x7 4 on 130mm Titanio Venus wheels. Only set I've ever seen like them. They are for sale though.

ikillZ Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:13 am

A few years late in this dead post but I just got this a month ago. Not an accessory but it seemed fitting that this is page 58 of this post and I got a this 1958 Science and Mechanics magazine. It has a test & review of the 1958 VW micro bus. I got it from a guy I never met because of my avatar on here of my Dad's old '58.

notchboy Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:38 pm

Post the pic of the article inside.

ikillZ wrote: A few years late in this dead post but I just got this a month ago. Not an accessory but it seemed fitting that this is page 58 of this post and I got a this 1958 Science and Mechanics magazine. It has a test & review of the 1958 VW micro bus. I got it from a guy I never met because of my avatar on here of my Dad's old '58.

Jacco Verveer Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:48 am

bosch red tip semaphore switch

basta flexible semaphores

FRK Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:01 pm

FRK Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:02 pm

FRK Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:03 pm

vwovalguy Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:40 pm

😳 Very Nice!!! You can make it to the Canadian border with that. Lol

FRK wrote:

owdlvr Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:46 am

Not Volkswagen specific, but I'd say the Hemo rally odometer I mounted tonight is quite rare. Most people have seen or heard of the Halda units, but the Hemo isn't as well known.

It's a very early Danish rally odometer known as a Hemo Trip Taeller. The odometer has two hands, much like a clock. The longer hand rotates on the outer dial. One revolution is a kilometre, so you can accurately measure to 0.05 kilometres. The inner dial, and smaller hand does 30km in one full revolution, so hopefully the rally master has an end of leg and/or ODO zero before then! I think based on the very limited info I have, that this is a first-generation unit, from 1960. Later models have dots every 0.01km, and a mounting system that allows for putting it flat on the dash.

-Dave

Orby1 Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:01 pm

Hello all.
I don't post on here much but I just scored a pretty rare 'accessory' recently so I thought I'd include it here.

Does anyone know how many of these were made? Is the dash plaque from the first Bad Camberg show, in '79. Mine is still in its original faded old plastic sleeve - I think it must have been in there for the last 39 years as it's completely mint.

I just need 2 & 3 and my collection will be complete! :D

restojohnny Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:13 pm

New Old Stock VANGUARD shifter 8)

Envious Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:27 pm

Early spare parts kit.

Richard Roth Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:40 pm

notchboy Thu May 30, 2019 2:32 pm

Envious wrote: Early spare parts kit.

Ok thats pretty cool. Never seen that.

notchboy Thu May 30, 2019 2:34 pm

Ok the Eberspacher being an accessory in itself. Here are some spare parts for it. BN4.

dubsteez79 Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:52 pm

JGB wrote: Don’t know how old these are but pretty cool good advertisement grease is still good

My friends dad has boxes of these. Used them in my rabbit CV axles about a month ago. Maybe I should stock up on them....

Jos.Hall Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:59 am

Bought this Empi AM/FM Stereo this weekend from the original owner. He said he bought it for his '71 bus back in 1973. He wanted a Blaupunkt but the dealer "wouldn't install one for me." He bought the bus from Wolff down in San Diego but thinks he may have bought this from Jack Feely in Redlands. Anyways, his wife got pregnant shortly after he bought this and he traded in the bus for a station wagon. He said he never got around to installing it. Unfortunately he didn't have any other parts :(

One thing that's different about this stereo is that unlike Thornton's AM/FM he had and the other that's been pictured in the thread, this one came original with both AM and FM lettering.

This stereo will go along with my Riverside 500 in the L41 '67 vert :lol:

blackdog1999 Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:03 am

Very cool EMPI AM/FM radio. I have a couple of them myself. They are super rare. You are right, the AM only are fairly common. Do you have the knobs & correct faceplate for your 67 Bug. Sapphire pieces will work but the correct ones are a little different.

If you do not have them, PM me. I have some.

restojohnny Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:05 pm

Scored an NOS 15’ Empi gt steering wheel locally I was the 2nd person to remove it from the box since purchased new in 1970. The person that sold it to me was the first. The kid lost his job so his father in-law went into the attic and said to sell it for a few bucks his father in-law bought it for his bug bit ended up selling it and never got a chance to put the Empi steering wheel on it.