TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: AAZ Question- Injector Lines
Team WorldTour Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:19 pm

Ok, so I am looking for new hard-lines. Mine leak. No matter how much I torque on them (to the point I am afraid I am about to tear threads...), they are still wet, and I am still dripping fuel.
Now, are they all the same length (like tuned exhaust)? That's why they are bent the way they are (again, like tuned exhaust)?
I have discovered a local shop that makes hydraulic lines.
Can I get my injector lines done with braided hoses?
(Because they make the hydraulic lines, I'm not afraid of the overpressure)
But, is it possible?
Otherwise, I'm stuck paying $170 for a new set.
http://www.ebay.de/itm/VW-Volkswagen-1-9D-1-9TD-Di...gPE9zJjZYw
I've had these guys do a few lines for me already.

Viva.Sabata Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:33 pm

Yes it is possible and likely to cost more than a new set of hard lines. Braided lines also won't fit as well as hard lines so you might end up with wearing issues. Choose wisely!

Team WorldTour Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:39 pm

The hoses they offer (so far) have been reasonably priced.
I understand what you say about wear, but they will be secured (zip-ties are awesome!). However, that is one of my concerns!
I'm imagining they will be jumping about wildly from the injectors firing (so, yeah, they will be tied down!).

So, then NOT a good idea?

akyrie Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:21 am

I suggest to buy the hardlines and make sure to use the rubber buffers between them. I can't imagine soft lines being a good replacement. There is a lot of rubbing and bumping going on down there. What's cheaper, buying the soft lines and then replacing them with hardlines, or just buying the hardlines?

Side note : Gosh, I hope my punctuation was up to thesamba snuff :lol:

CdnVWJunkie Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:32 am

Team WorldTour wrote: Ok, so I am looking for new hard-lines. Mine leak. No matter how much I torque on them (to the point I am afraid I am about to tear threads...), they are still wet, and I am still dripping fuel.
Now, are they all the same length (like tuned exhaust)? That's why they are bent the way they are (again, like tuned exhaust)?
I have discovered a local shop that makes hydraulic lines.
Can I get my injector lines done with braided hoses?
(Because they make the hydraulic lines, I'm not afraid of the overpressure)
But, is it possible?
Otherwise, I'm stuck paying $170 for a new set.
http://www.ebay.de/itm/VW-Volkswagen-1-9D-1-9TD-Di...gPE9zJjZYw
I've had these guys do a few lines for me already.

Buy the hardlines and the anti-rattle brackets and be done with it. No sense re-inventing the wheel. There's a reason that all manufacturers use hard lines on injection lines.

CHARLIE-DONT-SURF Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:36 am

Pre loved set on Ebay UK for 15 ish. Seldom had a set leak except when some monkey had mullered them. Surely you cant be unlucky and have two duff sets?