TheSamba.com Forums
 
  View original topic: Reflective Westfalia Stickers Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Stuartzickefoose Tue May 24, 2016 12:32 am

So that rear sticker on late westy tops, the big WESTFALIA in black all caps.....who would be interested in a stock looking sticker that is reflective at night?


think ratwell style of rear reflective tape to upgrade rear visibility, but in a totally unnoticed, stock appearance, pseudo upgrade.



thoughts?

Tom Powell Tue May 24, 2016 12:47 am

How much light will a black/stock sticker reflect?

Aloha
tp

obnoxiousblue Tue May 24, 2016 7:17 am

Man, you are on top of things!

I just got off the phone with my friend who will cut them for us. Will have info on pricing soon.

Only problem is these are the best I have - the "L" is a bit different than is stock.



http://www.members.shaw.ca/bilbo/logo.html

obnoxiousblue Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:02 am

Done.


Tom Powell Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:06 am

Excellent

Aloha
tp

The Dubbernaut Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:43 am

I can cut them too, or other customs you might need. I did a bunch for the old Rabbits on Vortex. Located in the PNW and welcome to drive in for an install if youre in the area!

SGKent Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:45 am

I am envious now :)

Stuartzickefoose Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:04 am

Keep an eye on blue's stuff for sale, I heard a rumor he's gonna have some on hand for purchasing ;)

Stuartzickefoose Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:06 am

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1936485

:D

sneakyjack Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:19 pm

I rock one - just put it over the existing..

let me know

Neat idea

BUSBOSS Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:58 pm

obnoxiousblue wrote: Man, you are on top of things!

I just got off the phone with my friend who will cut them for us. Will have info on pricing soon.

Only problem is these are the best I have - the "L" is a bit different than is stock.



http://www.members.shaw.ca/bilbo/logo.html

Looks good. Did you fix the "L" on the final product? Hard to tell from the classified ad.

obnoxiousblue Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:10 am

No, I tried to do one but couldn't get the radius right. I would need a photo of it straight on and level to replicate it. If someone has it, send it over. ASAP Otherwise Ill run more of these.

obnoxiousblue Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:41 am

Fixed!

This is what I will cut.

Thanks BUSBOSS!


notchboy Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:33 am

Nice job guys!

Xevin Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:19 am

Those are nice! Very cool.

Have you all seen those Riviera decals in that Westy type/font someone sells?
I wonder if the Rivi guys would buy some reflective ones? Just a thought.

obnoxiousblue Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:03 am

If these sell, I would do one that says RIVIERA. I already had one person email me asking.
Problem is the material is EXPENSIVE. So, if there are only a handful of people interested it isn't really worth it to do so many. You know?

vwwestyman Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:49 pm

I really need to paint my top and there are no decals of any sort on it right now.

So I'm real interested.

Did Westfalia only put the decal on the back as pictured in the ad, or were there others, such as on the side or front?

obnoxiousblue Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:23 pm

Only the 79 got the decal from the factory, until the zvanagon came along that is.
That said, most buses have had a decal slapped on over time because people assume they should be there, or like how it looks.
There is also a decal above each door with the Westfslia logo. As for what years had this (if not all) I am uncertain.

notchboy Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:18 pm

obnoxiousblue wrote: Only the 79 got the decal from the factory, until the zvanagon came along that is.
That said, most buses have had a decal slapped on over time because people assume they should be there, or like how it looks.
There is also a decal above each door with the Westfslia logo. As for what years had this (if not all) I am uncertain.


This is exactly it. I have the sticker front and rear on my 77 Westy cuz it looks cool.

The side westfalia logo doesn't appear till 74 when they change the roof if I recall correctly. 1976 half hear got a special one. Some have the cool 76' some dont. I ran a batch of those cool 76 ones and have some left if anyone is interested. $20 pair.

Xevin Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:24 pm

notchboy wrote: obnoxiousblue wrote: Only the 79 got the decal from the factory, until the zvanagon came along that is.
That said, most buses have had a decal slapped on over time because people assume they should be there, or like how it looks.
There is also a decal above each door with the Westfslia logo. As for what years had this (if not all) I am uncertain.


This is exactly it. I have the sticker front and rear on my 77 Westy cuz it looks cool.

The side westfalia logo doesn't appear till 74 when they change the roof if I recall correctly. 1976 half hear got a special one. Some have the cool 76' some dont. I ran a batch of those cool 76 ones and have some left if anyone is interested. $20 pair.

What side decal are you talking about. My 72 has side decals, looks pretty orginal. Do you have a photo of the side decal?



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group