TheSamba.com Forums
 
  View original topic: My new to me 60' DC Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Cuņado Wear Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:09 am

EverettB wrote: Cool idea with the awning, I like it
Thanks Everett.

Cuņado Wear Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:23 am

PeteSC wrote: X2 on the awning, nice addition! Is the fabric painter's drop cloth?
Yes Pete it is. When I built my first awning for my ezcamper I spent allot of time trying to find the right fabric and spent probably around $300 and I was happy but fabric wasn't thick enough. So this time thinking out of the box and trying to save money I thought about painters drop cloth cheap and tough.
picked up three 9x12's at harbor freight. with discount coupons and all the other fringe and material I've got about $120 invested and about six hours of sewing.

Cuņado Wear Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:56 am

ronjonlasvegas wrote: The double cab looks great, thanks for the update. I hope to get the paint stripped down to original on mine and get it on the road this year.
Thanks! Yours is a beast! I'll be looking forward to your updates.

Cuņado Wear Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:01 am

pyrOman wrote: WOW! That's a lot of work there Earlfriend! :shock:


Bregando en la calle? :?



I don't miss that at all! [-(


The tent idea is just awesome! 8)

Pyro, I have plenty of room in my garage but not enough height.
With the tilt on,when I go to jack bus up high enough to get my fat butt under it hits garage door. So that's why I did it in the street my friend.

srfndoc Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:08 am

Keep it at Earl. Looking good!

Cuņado Wear Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:10 pm

srfndoc wrote: Keep it at Earl. Looking good!
Thanks my man. See you in a few weeks at Kq ranch.

zuggbug Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:53 pm

:shock: :shock:

You have been a busy man. Looking good Earl. Buck the truck is in good hands

Braukuche Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:54 pm

Doing it right Earl, plugging away a little at a time gets the job done in the end. Truck is looking great!

PeteSC Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:30 am

Cuņado Wear wrote: PeteSC wrote: X2 on the awning, nice addition! Is the fabric painter's drop cloth?
Yes Pete it is. When I built my first awning for my ezcamper I spent allot of time trying to find the right fabric and spent probably around $300 and I was happy but fabric wasn't thick enough. So this time thinking out of the box and trying to save money I thought about painters drop cloth cheap and tough.
picked up three 9x12's at harbor freight. with discount coupons and all the other fringe and material I've got about $120 invested and about six hours of sewing.

Nice, I thought it was. We've re-purposed those drop cloths for outdoor porch curtains at home too.

Your environment is likely different from the hot and humid south I live in, but I've found that spraying those cloths with mold preventive spray helps to keep the mildew spots from forming on them, and once they're on they don't wash out. It doesn't take too many nights of dew/condensation for spots to start appearing on those cloths, at least around here. Home Depot and Lowe's sells the spray, BioBarrier I believe it's called.

Cuņado Wear Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:31 am

zuggbug wrote: :shock: :shock:

You have been a busy man. Looking good Earl. Buck the truck is in good hands
Thanks Paul!
Braukuche wrote: Doing it right Earl, plugging away a little at a time gets the job done in the end. Truck is looking great!
Dan, I owe you such a big thanks you! And I will take this opportunity to thank you again for not selling me your DC. :D

Cuņado Wear Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:34 am

PeteSC wrote: Cuņado Wear wrote: PeteSC wrote: X2 on the awning, nice addition! Is the fabric painter's drop cloth?
Yes Pete it is. When I built my first awning for my ezcamper I spent allot of time trying to find the right fabric and spent probably around $300 and I was happy but fabric wasn't thick enough. So this time thinking out of the box and trying to save money I thought about painters drop cloth cheap and tough.
picked up three 9x12's at harbor freight. with discount coupons and all the other fringe and material I've got about $120 invested and about six hours of sewing.

Nice, I thought it was. We've re-purposed those drop cloths for outdoor porch curtains at home too.

Your environment is likely different from the hot and humid south I live in, but I've found that spraying those cloths with mold preventive spray helps to keep the mildew spots from forming on them, and once they're on they don't wash out. It doesn't take too many nights of dew/condensation for spots to start appearing on those cloths, at least around here. Home Depot and Lowe's sells the spray, BioBarrier I believe it's called.

Yes thanks for the tips.
I plan on soaking everthing with scotch guard. I had pretty good luck with it out here on last awning cover and my trailer covers.

clnvwe2 Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:38 pm

Looks good EC!!!

Cuņado Wear Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:04 am

clnvwe2 wrote: Looks good EC!!!

Thanks Chadwick! Waiting on you to come out to do front window door seals.
Think I'm not?

BulletBus Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:08 am

Saaaaaaweeeeetaaa!

werksberg Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:35 am

Cuņado Wear wrote: before picture. anyone see any problems?

after and not only did dougfriend fix it he threw in one of his reproduction light covers. Score!!
Then it was time for test drive. I was surprised to hear that Dougfriend had never driven a DC.. WHAT??? So I was honored that mines was his very first one.

So now Me and the DC have about 300 or so miles logged together and at this point I couldn't be happier with it. I cant wait until I can work on other things needed and when I say other I mean many other issues. But for now its running, stopping and all electrical works also it's much safer than when I took ownership of it.

Let me guess the problem on the head liner photo?

I grabbed the wrong direction set of ABS head liner joint covers? PM me your address and I'll send you the right grain direction joint covers.

Human here.... :wink:

Josh.maye Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:02 pm

A lot of hard work there, pal. Looks incredible!



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group