TheSamba.com Forums
 
  View original topic: My new to me 60' DC Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Cuņado Wear Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:34 pm

Buck did great up the mountain and we made it to campsite just after dark.
I really didn't take many pictures while camping. Having to much fun I guess and forgot. Im sure someone will post some in the KQ ranch thread.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=653031
But I was able to get some on the way out.



Our caravan down the mountain.

Downtown Julian

Anyone that has been to Julian,Ca. Knows you can't leave without getting a pie to take home, so we stopped at Julian Pie company and took some pies home.
Dove Blue parking only in the front row was saved for us.

Buck did great up and back down the mountain.
I love seeing this sign after any trip. Because it means I'm home.

pyrOman Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:21 am

Looking good, Earlfriend! And way to pound through the job to get it ready in time for camping! 8)

zuggbug Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:39 am

sweet Earl - DC is looking great

Cuņado Wear Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:16 am

pyrOman wrote: Looking good, Earlfriend! And way to pound through the job to get it ready in time for camping! 8)

Pyro, Thanks! always great seeing you at KQ. sorry we didnt hang out as much. your girlfriend is a hoot.

zuggbug wrote: sweet Earl - DC is looking great
Paul you would love this camp out. beautiful mountains and the trial bash part is awesome. But the best thing about show is that it is family friendly.

Braukuche Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:19 pm

I'm just glad you stopped hating on my because I wouldn't sell my double turd.

Cuņado Wear Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:00 pm

Braukuche wrote: I'm just glad you stopped hating on my because I wouldn't sell my double turd.

Dan, Again thank you so much for not selling me your DC :wink: !
If you can believe it there is a guy on east coast that I begged even more than you and I'm so glad neither one of you sold.
I honestly believe I ended up with the right DC for me.

tyzel Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:43 pm

Earl, so glad to see you out enjoying Buck. It look's great man!!Very happy for you :D

Cuņado Wear Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:17 pm

Ok update time.Next on list for me was front bumper. One on DC was hammered and I couldn't take it any more. So I collected a few parts and with parts I already had changed out front bumper.

Did some hammer and dolly work


When I was happy with fitment I sprayed all parts with some L82
Old bumper

New bumper

New bumper isn't perfect but 100% better than what I had.
Next over the last weekend I did some horse trading with a good friend and local VW parts guy and was able to get a og dove blue rear apron, decklid prop and better back seat top. All parts came off a 60' kombi that was produced three days after mines was.
Before/After back seat.


New apron.

After stripping four layers of auto paint and one of house paint and three hours later.


I'll work on Back bumper tomorrow.

Cuņado Wear Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:02 pm

Almost forgot my Birthday gift from Dougfriend 10' Doug.


BulletBus Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:12 am

Very nice Earl! I can't wait to see that beautiful bus one day. June OCTO here I come!

srfndoc Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:53 am

Great to have friends like Doug. Think it isn't?

Cuņado Wear Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:00 pm

BulletBus wrote: Very nice Earl! I can't wait to see that beautiful bus one day. June OCTO here I come!

Vince, So your coming out? Cool are you bring BD?
I always have extra rooms and space if you need a place to stay.

Cuņado Wear Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:01 pm

srfndoc wrote: Great to have friends like Doug. Think it isn't?

Thanks right.. Think its not? :D

BulletBus Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:13 am

Cuņado Wear wrote: BulletBus wrote: Very nice Earl! I can't wait to see that beautiful bus one day. June OCTO here I come!

Vince, So your coming out? Cool are you bring BD?
I always have extra rooms and space if you need a place to stay.

Thanks brother! That's my plan. I'm trying to finish up the type 4 motor for bully, but either way it will be ready by the summer. I will keep you updated.

OgCalLook Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:16 pm

Cuņado Wear wrote: Well allot has change with the DC since last post. First It got a name "Buck The Truck" So new suspension was in order front to back. Old running gear didn't work for me or with plans I had,so it was exchanged out. Widefive front beam and rear drop plate's along with a rancho trans pro street.

New look




Buck's been getting all kinda love - Looking sharp Earlfriend!!

Now that you have the Mountain Division care package "Phase 2" will look even better :-S

Cuņado Wear Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:50 am

OgCalLook wrote: Cuņado Wear wrote: Well allot has change with the DC since last post. First It got a name "Buck The Truck" So new suspension was in order front to back. Old running gear didn't work for me or with plans I had,so it was exchanged out. Widefive front beam and rear drop plate's along with a rancho trans pro street.

New look




Buck's been getting all kinda love - Looking sharp Earlfriend!!

Now that you have the Mountain Division care package "Phase 2" will look even better :-S

Yes Tom Tom thank you so much for that package!
"Phase 2" of Bucks new look and lease on life is already in the works. Can't wait to share. Stay Tuned!

Pinetops Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:01 am

The bumper and seat look much better.

Cuņado Wear Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:59 pm

So after doing front bumper I had to do back also before OCTO.
I tried to knock some dents out and got most,again not perfect but 100% better than before.



Cuņado Wear Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:16 pm

Pinetops wrote: The bumper and seat look much better.

Thanks!

PeteSC Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:10 am

Love the truck! It's looking great.

That poor 15w though...robbed of it's shoes and relegated to storage bench status. :D



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group