TheSamba.com Forums
 
  View original topic: 1965 Delivery bug project Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Teehoovee Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:46 am

Its my birthday , nos barndoor tail lights ! :)

Teehoovee Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:06 am

Auto union brake light glass :P

Teehoovee Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:20 am


Rear window frame almost finish.

Teehoovee Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:12 am


vwuberalles Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:01 pm

That looks amazing!!!!!

Teehoovee Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:27 pm

vwuberalles wrote: That looks amazing!!!!! Yes. It is better now!

Teehoovee Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:58 am


Reflector design.

Teehoovee Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:10 am


Teehoovee Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:15 am





kaintuck Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:39 am

Teehoovee wrote:

+++++ on the rear window!!!!!!!! yes!
marc n tomtom 8)

kaintuck Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:42 am

I love this project....will the motor get enough air with this conversion?
marc n tomtom

Teehoovee Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:32 am

kaintuck wrote: I love this project....will the motor get enough air with this conversion?
marc n tomtom Thanks! Yes, i think so. And it will get more air from the engine lid .

Teehoovee Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:04 am


Pruneman99 Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:26 pm

Cool project. I must say your metal work and fabrication skills are excellent. What kind of welder are you using?

Teehoovee Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:51 pm

Pruneman99 wrote: Cool project. I must say your metal work and fabrication skills are excellent. What kind of welder are you using? It is old esab copy, 150 a . It is good , but no exellent.

Danpa Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:31 am

Since you are talking about one of the tools you use (the welder).

What do you use for the shaping of the panels?

Shrinker, stretcher, english wheel, roll former, etc.? Or are you hand forming the pieces like the fellow, (a absolute genius with metal, I might add) a few years back in Thailand, who used stumps and hammers.

Again, JUST BEAUTIFUL WORK! I love how you are making it look like the factory did it, not just some "custom" shop.

=D> =D> =D> =D>

Dan

Danpa Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:37 am

Teehoovee wrote:
Engine lid number two , with kleinbus louvers and painting epoxy primer .

Did you patch in the louvers in this engine lid also or did you form them with a louver press or another tool?

Dan

Teehoovee Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:05 am

Danpa wrote: Teehoovee wrote:
Engine lid number two , with kleinbus louvers and painting epoxy primer .

Did you patch in the louvers in this engine lid also or did you form them with a louver press or another tool?

Dan Those are original kleinbus louvers , and i welding it to engine lid. .

Teehoovee Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:09 am

Danpa wrote: Since you are talking about one of the tools you use (the welder).

What do you use for the shaping of the panels?

Shrinker, stretcher, english wheel, roll former, etc.? Or are you hand forming the pieces like the fellow, (a absolute genius with metal, I might add) a few years back in Thailand, who used stumps and hammers.

Again, JUST BEAUTIFUL WORK! I love how you are making it look like the factory did it, not just some "custom" shop.

=D> =D> =D> =D>

Dan Thanks!! I use stretcher , shrinker , english wheel and roll former . Then i use also some original kleinbus sheet metal parts.

Pruneman99 Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:57 am

After seeing pictures of your work, I'd be embarrassed to post pictures of my welds lol. Mine look like a drunk monkey did them compared to yours. Are you a welder/fabricator by trade?

The reason I asked what welder is because I'm looking to upgrade my POS in hopes I can get better results before I start in on my '64 project that needs some welding done to repair "windows" a PO cut into the car everywhere the felt is was too hard to get a wrench in.

Again, you work is amazing! I'm definitely following this thread to see how it comes out (although I can tell this will be one of the best delivery conversions done yet)



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group