TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: bought these steelies, what are my chrome hub options?
gonzoman_78 Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:13 pm

So I purchased these rims on ebay and wanting to install the chrome hubs on them, I'd like to go the cheapest route possible but with some reliability, not all that worried about OEM or originality...just wanting it to look nice.

any ideas?

Danpa Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:28 pm

Do you mean chrome hubcaps or center caps, to cover the bearing cap? For hubcaps, it looks like standard 68 and later bug hubcaps would fit. Not sure about the availability if you mean center caps.

Dan

60ragtop Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:45 pm

on some of those aftermarket wheels stock hubcaps won't fit. the nubs are improperly spaced.
you can get a cover that fits in the hole like this.

Danpa Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:48 pm

60ragtop wrote: on some of those aftermarket wheels stock hubcaps won't fit. the nubs are improperly spaced.
you can get a cover that fits in the hole like this.

What is the cover from? Aftermarket or OEM Vw?

Dan

60ragtop Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:55 pm

from the auction site. And now it has the Wolfsburg crest in the center.
I bought the wheels knowing stock hubcaps wouldn't fit.
Sorry to hijack the thread

67rustavenger Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:01 pm

60ragtop wrote: from the auction site. And now it has the Wolfsburg crest in the center.
I bought the wheels knowing stock hubcaps wouldn't fit.
Sorry to hijack the thread

I didn't detect a Hijack. Just a guy responding to a post of his wheels from the gallery and filling in the rest of the story.

FWIW. I kinda like the little center caps.

Have a great week.

gonzoman_78 Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:27 pm

Chrome hub caps with the VW emblem. Like the ones they sell on ebay.... Just wondering if people have rigged them onto steelies and how it can be done. Zip ties, wiring, and JB weld come to mind

60ragtop Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:42 pm

check with them to see if stock hubcaps fit, then go from there. Maybe you will get lucky and they will fit.
check the classifieds here for stock hubcaps, there's a boatload for sale for various amounts.