TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Buggeee's 1972 Super Beetle Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Buggeee Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:01 pm

With the plastic glove box in place and the door installed, the dashboard is complete!

Buggeee Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:16 pm

Yes, the hood lock is installed, and replaced, and reinstalled, and adjusted, and readjusted.

Yes, it has finally submitted to functioning after repeatedly locking me out in half-latched aggression against its master.

Yes, I am allowed to feel.

Busstom Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:54 pm

Dash looks great all smoothed and metal-clad.

Buggeee Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:02 pm

Thank you Steve! That custom metal dash is my lifetime achievement! :D

It's all down hill from there. :shock:

Buggeee Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:09 pm

The home made automotive carpet is cut and installed! This feeeeeels great.

For the aluminum threshold trim I used 3M VHB tape because I did not want to drill holes in my sill.

And just for fun set this here. 8)

p.s. Victor's speaker panels are foreshadowed, but it's not time yet for the proper outing and thank yous. I want to get the speakers in first.

Tom K. Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:08 pm

More excellent decisions. It's looking fantastic.

Buggeee Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:46 pm

Here Marcel is modeling the swimming pool hoses to defrost hoses hack, which consists of cutting the plastic hoses a bit over length, wrapping Gorrila tape at the bottom to press fit a seal, and then spring fitting them into place.

For the bonus round, the old Empi short-throw shifter is back at home with a ready-for -anything attitude. 8)

Busstom Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:13 pm

Smug mug Marcel, with his goatee :)
Yeah, the carpet work looks killer, well done!

vamram Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:30 am

Good lord, man, that carpet looks amazing. Where did you source that roll?
Don't tell me - "Amazon automotive carpet search?" Your cat is just cruel, ghosting your work w/that BFD look. You need a small furry dog to fawn over your every step.

Buggeee Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:48 am

Busstom wrote: Smug mug Marcel, with his goatee :)

He is truly a "cool cat"

vamram wrote: Your cat is just cruel, ghosting your work w/that BFD look. You need a small furry dog to fawn over your every step.

Lol, V we've got three dogs so believe me hanging with the cat is a welcome change of pace. :)

vamram wrote: Where did you source that roll?

My friends, if I have $80 (eighty) dollars into those rolls of carpet and foam it is overestimating the cost. A Menards opened near us and had an insane sale on that carpet. I bet automotive/marine carpet is at the other home improvement stores as well.

Its cut pile, not looped. It cuts clean and easy with carpet shears without any stray yarns.

In all honesty, it looks better in person because the camera exaggerates the lines and wrinkles. I was worried that it would look terrible and now I will never think about using a kit.

Thank you so much for the encouragement guys. Its motivating to share the build.

Buggeee Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:51 pm

Cleaning and organizing doesn't feel like progress, but it is a necessary evil.

Busstom Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:52 pm

That's so funny, that cat really likes to be right in the middle of the action, how can you not love it? Man, when I start whippin around the hoses and cords, my dog's runnin for the hills :D He doesn't hang around for any shop action.

TK-CS Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:10 am

Haha, the cat...! :lol: :lol: :lol:

vamram Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:14 am

Buggeee wrote:

Somebody likes their Cuban coffee!!! Goes great w/those Danish butter cookies. 8)

Buggeee Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:15 am

Coffee is a super food V, as you know. The bolder the better. :wink: When you travel to the midwest we'll have a cup from the stove-top Bialetti.

fredybear Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:54 am

The speaker panels are cool. Im lookin. How are those? Fiberglass? Plastic? Precut? And where did ya getum? UlikeEm?

[quote="Buggeee"

[/quote]

Buggeee Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:40 pm

fredybear wrote: The speaker panels are cool. Im lookin. How are those? Fiberglass? Plastic? Precut? And where did ya getum? UlikeEm?

Hey Fredybear, Victor gave them to me :D And he found them in his basement :lol:

Yes I like them 8)

They are ABS plastic, precut, well-formed to the body of the bug and seem to be readily available from the usual sustpects (like J-bugs, for example, or whoever)

There are also heavier fiberglass ones out there at, again, some of the usual suspects (like J-bugs, for example, or whoever) plus the fiberglass companies for our scene, like maybe Mark V or Glass Action I suspect.

I am going to stick some sound deadening on the back of them before I screw them on to deaden any vibration.

Because this is Samba time, not my time, I must now say:

THANK YOU VICTOR!!!!!!!! =D> So very cool of a brother, and so typical of this whole Volkswagen scene.

I can't wait to mount the speakers and wire the components. If my maker is willing I'll have a post on that whole situation in the near future, I think is a bitchin' set up that is about to get unleashed, proportionate to this little tin can of a car.

Buggeee Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:43 pm

Mmmm... mmmmmm... what to do, what to do. The buffet of details.

Ah! This looks like the mood I'm in today.

Here we go. Rear sway bar in place for keeping things level while bombing around Nelson's Ledges race course in the Rally Super!

And for dessert? How bout a couple of those bump stops, they're small and would go down nicely with some poly-snot frosting.

Buggeee Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:45 pm

Well, it's something. Progress.

VW_Jimbo Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:17 pm

That emblem pic looks SWEET!