TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Syncro Locker Console | In Progress Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
agon.parts Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:36 pm

uberaudi wrote: Any more updates? How long is this waitlist? :)

Unfortunately, I haven't had enough people sign up to begin production. I've had to refocus on other products for the time being.

agon.parts Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:13 pm

UPDATE:

Going into production soon!

Sign up to the waitlist if you haven't done so already: https://bit.ly/Syncro-Panel-Waitlist

uberaudi Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:33 pm

Yes! You rock Forrest!

damagd Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:46 pm

Very interested in this as I just bought a non locker Syncro Doka over in Europe and at the very least will be adding a decoupler and probably both lockers so will need the console and finding a syncro console looks to be almost impossible. But do I need the mounting plate for it too?

designer Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:22 pm

agon.parts wrote: uberaudi wrote: Any more updates? How long is this waitlist? :)

Unfortunately, I haven't had enough people sign up to begin production. I've had to refocus on other products for the time being.

still interested. want a black one.

agon.parts Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:40 pm

uberaudi wrote: Yes! You rock Forrest!
Thanks! This is a one-man show, so I'm doing what I can when I can!

damagd wrote: Very interested in this as I just bought a non locker Syncro Doka over in Europe and at the very least will be adding a decoupler and probably both lockers so will need the console and finding a syncro console looks to be almost impossible. But do I need the mounting plate for it too?

I believe you'd need a mounting plate for it too. I tried reaching out to people about borrowing, or even buying one - but no luck. I'd like to have that part reverse-engineered eventually.

designer wrote: agon.parts wrote: uberaudi wrote: Any more updates? How long is this waitlist? :)

still interested. want a black one.

Great! I've sent out emails to those on the waitlist in order to start collecting deposits, since I can't afford to front all of the costs myself. Hopefully we can get them out there soon!

rotaecho Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:49 am

I just bought a burned syncro for my 2wd to syncro conversion

It has no plastic cover. Maybe when it arrives, I can send you the bracket to copy for a cover?

I’ll have the Syncro late December, wont be ready to reassemble for about a year if that’s enough time?

Let me know!

agon.parts Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:14 am

rotaecho wrote: I just bought a burned syncro for my 2wd to syncro conversion

It has no plastic cover. Maybe when it arrives, I can send you the bracket to copy for a cover?

I’ll have the Syncro late December, wont be ready to reassemble for about a year if that’s enough time?

Let me know!

That might work out great! That's the one item I haven't been able to source.

rotaecho Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:24 pm

Cool, when it arrives, I'll drop you a note.

agon.parts wrote: rotaecho wrote: I just bought a burned syncro for my 2wd to syncro conversion

Let me know!

That might work out great! That's the one item I haven't been able to source.

WestyWonderland Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:36 am

Bump.

Did you ever make these units? If not, will you supply the CAD/CAM files (willing to pay for a single use - I recognize the time you invested).

SyncroChrick Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:52 pm

I would like to order one too.

designer Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:45 pm

Looks like this is dead - signed the list about a year ago. . .

r39o Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:23 pm

designer wrote: Looks like this is dead - signed the list about a year ago. . .

The OP Last Visited: December 01, 2019

So maybe there will be a reply. I would like one too.........

agon.parts Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:37 pm

💯

WestyWonderland Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:23 pm

Well I'd like to see your plans. I found a very nicely done console CAD file but the metal reinforcing bracket is the missing piece. I've been plugging away on a cardboard mockup but still trying to understand how best to fab it - flat sheet metal, pound out the edges with a hammer, you know "it's in the details!"

bbaca75 Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:28 pm

Definitely interested in this for my knobless syncro that will eventually have knobs if all goes as planned! Hope this can be a reality soon!

4mymalamute Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:43 am

Sign me up. Black please. :-)

MarkWard Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:59 am

It's really only a bezel. You need the metal frame that actually houses the switches. Rather than waiting on someone to 3d print one, someone could pull a mold off of an existing one in fiberglass and could then lay up replacement fiberglass bezels.

The problem like many neat things I see here, is the demand is just not there for the effort. If you charged for your time, they'd quickly be too expensive.

Californio Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:21 am

I'm in for one! Would be willing to pay in advance if that helps it along.