TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: VW...wave???
swampdogslim Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:04 am

Hey guys. I just wanted to stop by and say hello as I am new to the forum. I have been an automotive hobbyist since I graduated college about 8 years ago and am looking for my next money pit....i mean, hobby. I road raced a 2007 Yamaha R6 for about 3 years throughout the Southeast with CCS (Daytona, VIR, Roebling Road, Carolina Motorsports Park, etc.) and sold my bike when I got engaged to my now wife. I bought a 2013 Jeep Wrangler JKU that I modified heavily for rock crawling / trail riding. I sold this as I was breaking components on the trail and didn't have a way to work when it was down (daily driver). I am now in a 2015 4Runner and am looking at buying a Bay Window project and am here to gather information and share my journey. I performed all work and maintenance on both the R6 and my Jeep with the exception of gearing work on the Jeep, so I think I should be able to tackle a good portion of the work myself. I'm hoping to find a nice project base (hoping for a '71) with a good body for under $5k, but that is seeming difficult (Charlotte NC). The search continues!

Anyways, I just wanted to give a wave (sorry, still holding on to the Jeep wave) and say thanks for having me.

2007 Yamaha R6 Racebike

2013 Jeep Wrangler JKU

Mark Evans Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:19 am

Welcome!

swampdogslim Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:26 am

Mark Evans wrote: Welcome!

Thanks. Glad to be here. This places is a treasure trove of information so far.

Craig Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:18 pm

Welcome. Take the time to meet the folks at Monkey Nut.
See you at the Open House on May 19.

gt1953 Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:04 am

In your region rust will be an issue. Come west of the continental divide and find one that is rust free. You will be glad you did.

mark tucker Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:43 am

ya right Im west of the continental divide :shock: ....still rust.

swampdogslim Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:48 am

Craig wrote: Welcome. Take the time to meet the folks at Monkey Nut.

I'll be swinging by there in the upcoming week to say hello and pick their brains for a short bit. Thanks for the heads up.

Craig Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:38 pm

swampdogslim wrote: Craig wrote: Welcome. Take the time to meet the folks at Monkey Nut.

I'll be swinging by there in the upcoming week to say hello and pick their brains for a short bit. Thanks for the heads up.

Looking forward to seeing you; lots of great contacts await you.