TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
67ctbug Fri May 19, 2017 1:11 pm

The '73 is not for me... Just got an email and he said there's no camping interior and it was a parts bus most definitely... I know, you told me so. Im gonna contact a guy with a '70 tin top. It's not a complete westy, but it's still a bus... and the posting has expired ](*,)

cmonSTART Fri May 19, 2017 2:19 pm

67ctbug wrote: but I'm only 15 so I don't think they'd take me. I would really love to work on VWs.

15 and learning to weld and repair things? Good for you! Good luck and I hope you find the bus you're looking for!

67ctbug Fri May 19, 2017 2:29 pm

cmonSTART wrote: 67ctbug wrote: but I'm only 15 so I don't think they'd take me. I would really love to work on VWs.

15 and learning to weld and repair things? Good for you! Good luck and I hope you find the bus you're looking for!
Thanks!

67ctbug Sat May 20, 2017 1:34 pm

Just found a bus exactly like my dads for $3500 and only 5 hours away. No rust and was running 2 years ago. Everything is there... I need a job!!!!!!

Wasted youth Sat May 20, 2017 1:45 pm

A rust-less bus in the Northeast for $3,500?

67ctbug Sat May 20, 2017 1:52 pm

Wasted youth wrote: A rust-less bus in the Northeast for $3,500?
Yes

Abscate Sat May 20, 2017 2:52 pm

$20 from 175 fish on a promise to not blog and you are there...

:lol:

Cap10323 Sat May 20, 2017 2:55 pm

Hey, I bought an extremely dry, one owner bus for $1500 and drove it home. They do exist.

I've seen a couple on my local craigslist that look damn solid, and they're no more than $5000 each.

However, advice to 67Ctbug, save your money. If you blow what money you have now on a piece of shit, you cant continue to add to that nest egg in order to buy something quality..

67ctbug Sat May 20, 2017 3:10 pm

Abscate wrote: $20 from 175 fish on a promise to not blog and you are there...

:lol:
Lol 😂
Cap10323
I watch your videos on YouTube.... I love your bus. This '74 is not a piece of junk, but it is out of budget. I did remember a bus in the next town over from me so I google mapped it. It's hiding behind a swing set but it's still there. Maybe I'll knock on a door, the worst that will happen is I'll get told to leave.

skills@eurocarsplus Sat May 20, 2017 5:23 pm

you only have 1 chance to make a first impression....

you need a bigger budget. everyone here has said that. were I on the fence about selling a bus and you knocked on the door to ask with your budget, you'd be asked to leave.....and never bother me again

67ctbug Sat May 20, 2017 5:25 pm

Skills this bus isn't a high budget bus. For as far as I can remember, it's been sitting there rotting into the earth. I just want to see it up close and ask if he ever thought about selling it.

Abscate Sat May 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Entropy man. It isn't just a good idea, it's the Second Law.

A bus sitting in wet earth is a parts Bus, or a 30k refurb to be drive able.

67ctbug Sat May 20, 2017 6:34 pm

Abscate wrote: Entropy man. It isn't just a good idea, it's the Second Law.

A bus sitting in wet earth is a parts Bus, or a 30k refurb to be drive able.
What is entropy? I don't think it sits and isn't "cared" for. I think he rakes the leaves around it :lol: . We'll see...

Abscate Sat May 20, 2017 6:56 pm

It's the guarantee that a Bus sitting in a wet climate like ours has turned to rust,,

67ctbug Sat May 20, 2017 6:58 pm

Abscate wrote: It's the guarantee that a Bus sitting in a wet climate like ours has turned to rust,,
oh. Well I'll check it out still. If it's cheap I don't care. I've said that before. Maybe it has miraculously not turned into a piece of junk.

67ctbug Sat May 20, 2017 7:53 pm

Here it is...

Abscate Sun May 21, 2017 12:49 am

Keep looking, but that's a fine looking Maple, and a nice soccer ball.

Keep it up. You learn a lot by checking these all out. Don't listen to all the old farts like me and skills, even though we know everything, because you are absorbing a lot of stuff doing this. You also have time on your side

skills@eurocarsplus Sun May 21, 2017 5:36 am

Abscate wrote: You also have time on your side

he doesn't seem to think so, and keeps grasping at straws here....I can't believe we are on page 5 of this already :roll:

cmonSTART Sun May 21, 2017 5:40 am

67ctbug wrote: Here it is...

Not sure if it's merely parked on uneven ground or being swallowed by the earth......

67ctbug Sun May 21, 2017 5:53 am

skills@eurocarsplus wrote: Abscate wrote: You also have time on your side I can't believe we are on page 5 of this already :roll:
That actually surprises me too. I just wanted to know what happened to my bus and it turned into this again :lol:
cmonSTART wrote: 67ctbug wrote: Here it is... Not sure if it's merely parked on uneven ground or being swallowed by the earth......
I don't know either. You might find out today. I might try to go see it.