TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: 2017 "Volktoberfest" Funfest - June 2-4, 2017 - Effingham, IL
BulliBill Wed May 17, 2017 7:11 am

Hi all,

A little over two weeks away, getting one of my old VWs ready to go. Here is the website address for more info:

http://www.funfestacvw.com/

Hope to see you there!

Bill

BulliBill Wed May 24, 2017 11:05 am

I just successfully phoned in my (late) registration for the Funfest in almost a week from now. ( www.funfestacvw.com or 866 350-4539 ). It was a breeze. Looking forward to camping with good friends and new ones too right on site!

Thanks to the Yagar's and staff in advance for a nice venue and VW event!

Bill Bowman

KAmes Wed May 24, 2017 11:35 am

I've been the last couple weekends getting our old school bus/RV (our other rear engine car) ready for the short trip to Effingham. It will be the first time we have stayed on site, looking forward to it!

72camper Sat May 27, 2017 5:20 pm

I plan to be there.

BulliBill Sun May 28, 2017 8:14 am

Hey, if anyone coming to Funfest happens to have an extra 2010 Funfest for VW hat pin they want to sell, I am missing that one. Bring it along and "pm" me so I can find you and meet up. Also: [email protected]

Thanks!

Bill

cbeck Mon May 29, 2017 1:33 pm

Don't think I am ready yet.

BulliBill Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:55 am

cbeck wrote: Don't think I am ready yet.

Well, get on it! You can make it! Hurry up!

Bill

BulliBill Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:01 pm

Just got in from out of town work, so I'm getting my Westy Camper ready to go tomorrow. I just checked the weather and the forecast for the weekend is GREAT!!!

Friday: high 88/ low 72 with sunny skies!

Saturday: high 89/ low 72 with sunny skies!!!

Sunday: high 91/ low 67 with partly sunny skies!

Wooohoooo! A nice forecast for a change! It'll be nice to camp on site all weekend with new and old friends. Get your old VWs out and hit the road for Effingham, IL this weekend. We'll see you there!

Bill Bowman

BulliBill Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:55 am

Howdy all,

What a nice weekend, great weather, no rain at all, nice diverse crowd, lots to see and do, and a very friendly host staff. I was so busy that I didn't take any photos at all, so I'm hoping that a few of you who did will take a moment to post some up here for all to see!

Thanks again to everyone who showed up for the festivities, and to the Yagers and their accommodating staff for their hospitality and for sharing their nice facilities. Only 364 days to wait for the 20th Funfest in 2018!!!

Bill Bowman

Touch Nicks Thing Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:32 am

Just made it home, excellent show and facility! Many thanks to the MAM crew for all their hardwork.

Thanks for selecting my bus Bill, I will post up some show photos a little later.

d-rick Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:10 pm

One of my fav's...ricks westy

Didn't get to meet Nick but his westy is damn nice,great set up.tits

Nice dbl..drank some beers by it sat night

Clean DOKA

My swap spot...got burnt and buzzed good times