TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Latest GT2 Project
kitcarguy Wed May 17, 2017 8:50 am

Hey everyone. I do not think I posted about this . I have had it for a while. I picked up 2 "New" Bradley GT2 projects. First one was a rolling/running car from NH and the second was a body with all the glass, seats, etc.

Here is the first one...

And the second...

I have the chassis all painted and I have moved on to getting all the tins off the car so they can be blasted and repainted.

Got a bunch of new parts in the mail from Henry at Bugoholics in TX, and will be ordering some more to get it finished off.

Thats about where it stands

BIGMIKEY Wed May 17, 2017 12:30 pm

The GT2 is a great looking kit design. The proprietary windshield is a heartbreaker though. Looking forward to reading about your builds.

Mike T

SBD Wed May 17, 2017 12:30 pm

:popcorn:

kitcarguy Wed May 17, 2017 12:42 pm

I have a few spares lol

BIGMIKEY wrote: The GT2 is a great looking kit design. The proprietary windshield is a heartbreaker though. Looking forward to reading about your builds.

Mike T

jspbtown Wed May 17, 2017 12:59 pm

My GT2 build was one of the more enjoyable builds. Terrible headlight lift design and doors could use some help but overall its a pretty well engineered kit.

kitcarguy Wed May 17, 2017 2:45 pm

Surprisingly out of all the stuff I have owned this is my First GT2 . I just needed a project for my website and this one fit the bill.

jspbtown wrote: My GT2 build was one of the more enjoyable builds. Terrible headlight lift design and doors could use some help but overall its a pretty well engineered kit.

kitcarguy Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:52 am

Well the chassis and engine are finished! Well I still need to install the carb but its as done as its going to be .

kitcarguy Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:59 pm

Hopefully I will be able to get the brakes all sorted out this week and get the body wired up

unclebill Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:13 pm

Looks like you are off and running with this one! You wiring from scratch, or getting a kit for that? That thing is ripe for an ICT or dual Kad setup...looks sweet with the alternator, nice job

B

kitcarguy Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:36 am

I am going to use a rebel wire harness. Its the best one I have used. Not to mention I do not have the patience to wire from scratch.

Joseph DR Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:45 am

:popcorn:

My son is close to driving age and wanted a Bradley GT2. We saw one on Craigslist but the windshield had a big crack in it. That was a deal breaker for us :(

Anyway, I heard but not sure that the rear end can develop a sag in the fiberglass body due to lack of structural support. This may cause door fitment issues. Do you notice any of that in your Bradleys?

jspbtown Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:36 am

Quote: Anyway, I heard but not sure that the rear end can develop a sag in the fiberglass body due to lack of structural support. This may cause door fitment issues. Do you notice any of that in your Bradleys?

Yup..very common in most, if not all GT2.

And just some advice...the Bradley GT2 would be a terrible car for a new driver.

kitcarguy Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:18 pm

As it was said its common in just about all GT2s . And I agree that the GT2 is not a good first car . Its a toy. Get a honda for the kid lol

Joseph DR wrote: :popcorn:

My son is close to driving age and wanted a Bradley GT2. We saw one on Craigslist but the windshield had a big crack in it. That was a deal breaker for us :(

Anyway, I heard but not sure that the rear end can develop a sag in the fiberglass body due to lack of structural support. This may cause door fitment issues. Do you notice any of that in your Bradleys?

Joseph DR Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:19 pm

Got it. Thanks for the advice. I'll look into getting him something else that he can wrench on.