TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Silver Beige L-466
steve n Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:21 pm

Does anyone have some full cans you would like to sell? WW seems to be the only provider for Silver Beige L-466 and they said today 6-8-17 that it will be 2 weeks before they have anymore. I would like to have some parts painted before next Wednesday so ???? I will start with $15 a can+shipping. Unless there is someone who wants to make a profit. I figure a forum may be a good place to post this, are there any other paints that are close enough? There are bunches of old posts on this topic.

Gary Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:16 pm

If you want to buy something, then place an ad in the Classifieds (per Forum Rules).

steve n Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:58 pm

Thanks Gary. Your input was helpful. Unfortunately paint is not something I have seen on the "classifieds" before. I was hoping to touch base with someone "not" selling a product. Someone who has been there before. I hope you know what I mean. Sorry if this offended you. What was I thinking? I will place an ad in the classifieds too. Thanks again! ](*,)

EverettB Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:23 pm

steve n wrote: ... are there any other paints that are close enough? There are bunches of old posts on this topic.

This thread might help for other spray paints, it's old though so I don't know if the colors are still available.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=463496

steve n Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:29 pm

Thanks Everett. At least I have a reference now. There were a lot of posts on the color. Most are custom mixes etc. I will check it out. I hope I am not out of line with the rules here. I am in a time crunch. Car is out of the booth today. Things have happened faster than expected. Thanks again.