nickd1114 Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:04 pm

picked this up over the weekend.

what do ya think?

Tom Butler Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:25 pm

looks interesting for sure.

how does it cool tho?

how much did you score it for?

nickd1114 Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:33 pm

not sure how it will cool might have to vent the hood either top or bottom. i picked it up for $40

bugglyugger Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:34 am

Don't want to put a downer on things and a i maybe wrong...maybe your not bothered n just want it to look cool...but the aerodynamics of a beetle ain't that great to begin with...I think that will have the same affect as a air break..

VW_Jimbo Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:43 am

Looks like a fun project!! Looking forward to your progress. Are you planning on keeping the fin or.....?

Does it run?

40 bucks is a killer price for anything! Wish I could find them for that price!

gt1953 Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:53 pm

Now is that forty bux for the whole car or just the engine cover.

wimkever Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:01 pm

VW_Jimbo wrote: 40 bucks is a killer price for anything! Wish I could find them for that price!
If that wing was offered to me for one dollar with the obligation to mount it on my beetle, I'd walk away.
But if you like it, go for it.

VW_Jimbo Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:11 pm

wimkever wrote: VW_Jimbo wrote: 40 bucks is a killer price for anything! Wish I could find them for that price!
If that wing was offered to me for one dollar with the obligation to mount it on my beetle, I'd walk away.
But if you like it, go for it.

Not the wing, dude. The car! The wing is not my style, but I would take it with a car for 40 bucks!

nickd1114 Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:13 pm

no i picked up the hood and wing for 40. ive had the car for a while now and it does run im just swaping it back to a single carb it was a dual.

i kinda think it looks cool and if it dosent work i still have the stock hood.

heres how it looked when i bought it

and how it looks now whens its clean lol