TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: For those having trouble with Photobucket
MrBreeze Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:44 am

To link to this thread
Code: [url=https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=683534&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=]For those having trouble with Photobucket[/url]

If your restoration project or "How To" sticky is one of those now showing the very irritating "Photobucket Wreak-it Icon" you can upload your pictures to The Samba Gallery and edit your particular posts.

Everett has temporarily extended the "Edit" period to 11 years. If you have any questions or it's not working for you ask one of the forum mods and we'll sort it.

If you're going to do this yourself, let a mod know by PM.

Thanks

Amskeptic Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:03 pm

AN Instantaneous Way To Waken All Those Dead Links NOW

Have you all been seeing nothing but photobucket placeholder images as you browse forums?

Some enterprising little entrepreneur has a fix.
If you have Chrome, go to the Chrome Store:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobuc...ated?hl=en

Presto! It is FREE! and it works all across the web.

If you have Firefox or any other browser, Opera? do a specific search for "Photobucket Hotlink Fix" and get your little extension TODAY.
Colin

EverettB Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:38 am

Yes, have a dedicated thread in the Site Forum here too
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=677288

aeromech Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:20 am

I'm not sure if this is the best thread for this but here goes....

Like many of you I have been puzzled and annoyed but the change in Photobucket's pricing policy. I've found PB to be reliable for me for roughly 10 years and have been a paying subscriber for at least 8 of those years. Why would I pay when it's free? Because I document most car projects I work on and the number of photos outgrew the free plan. So I went with paying $40 every two years to get more space.

Well, if you're reading this you already know the shock most users felt when PB said we had to start paying $400 per year. I still had time left on my pre-paid subscription so I waited. I felt PB would change again and now it looks like they have.

I got this email yesterday

I think I can handle $100 per year. Not a great deal but if it keeps them in business then I'll be happy.

Glenn Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:39 am

I pay about that much for hosting my website. That includes domain registration, web hosting with 200gb of space, 128 email addresses and FTP access for up/down loading.

This allows me to not only host my own pictures, I have documented my car, other projects, family pictures, work documents and I do weekly file backups from my desktop and laptop.

$100/year is still expensive. Personally i think $36 is a fair price. That's what I pay for Pandora.

aeromech Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:43 am

I considered doing something to host my own pictures but since I'm no computer geek I got frustrated. Not sure how your site works Glenn but I figured that PB has some pretty good software for handling and editing my pictures and there's value in that.

Glenn Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:55 am

aeromech wrote: I considered doing something to host my own pictures but since I'm no computer geek I got frustrated. Not sure how your site works Glenn but I figured that PB has some pretty good software for handling and editing my pictures and there's value in that.
True...

I use Photoshop to edit my pictures and WS-FTP Pro to move files back and forth. WS-FTP Pro has a scheduler and "Batch" feature that allows scheduled backups so my files are copied off-site in the event of s hardware failure or other loss.

If it works for you then $7.50/ month is not bad.

aeromech Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:01 pm

I'll see what happens. I believe my plan is paid through August right now. No need to jump just yet.

aeromech Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:28 pm

Update: Since my existing prepaid plan was due to expire in about a month, I went ahead and signed up again. The cost was $70 for a year. I can handle that.

xyzzy Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:50 pm

If you just want to post photos, and don't care about having some third party cloud album manager system that you have to pay for, use http://imgur.com its free, and they don't do this metering bullsh#t that ends up crippling all old forum posts...

http://imgur.com

aeromech Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:53 pm

I have way too much content on PB to even think about moving

aeromech Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:07 pm

Looks like PB must have done some kind of upgrade recently. Seems to be better

EverettB Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:56 pm

I noticed they are showing up lately but a lot of photos have a sort of Photobucket overlay on them, which is annoying.

aeromech Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:09 pm

I pay. That may be the issue with the watermark

alman72 Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:07 pm

a lot of pics are blurry with the watermark on a lot of threads. Some users report that they see them fine...

aeromech Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:00 pm

alman72 wrote: a lot of pics are blurry with the watermark on a lot of threads. Some users report that they see them fine...

Can you provide a link of the pics you are referring to?

ImAddicted Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:04 pm

aeromech wrote: alman72 wrote: a lot of pics are blurry with the watermark on a lot of threads. Some users report that they see them fine...

Can you provide a link of the pics you are referring to? this is happening all over the interwebs, I se the same behavior on Overland Bound and Expedition Portal, anything Photobucket is like looking through Vaseline.

EverettB Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:28 pm

alman72 wrote: a lot of pics are blurry with the watermark on a lot of threads. Some users report that they see them fine...

Yes, I see that A LOT here on Photobucket pics.

I guess if it's not happening I wouldn't know as it looks normal.

Maybe it looks normal to you if you have a Photobucket account?
I do not.

ImAddicted Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:46 pm

Here’s one of the blurred ones, Gary. Is it clear or crap for you?

mannys66 wrote: Moderator note:
This thread is for posting recent Bus finds.

This does not typically include Buses you "found" on the Internet, unless you have actually purchased the vehicle.

stever70 wrote: Bus hunting history???
This weekend I got my self a '68 bus. Body is pretty straight, some repair work needed on the floor boards up front. All doors shut PERFECTLY!!!!