TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: More problems with the 93 Eurovan
HearseLady1966 Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:20 pm

So I replaced literally every hose and connector. Leaks were all over the place and I fixed them one by one. One particularly frustrating issue I had was that the new thermostat housing and hose connector above it (which has sensors in it) were leaking, both the old ones and the new ones. I figured out I needed thread sealant for the bolts. But that did not fix the other connector located on the other side of the block. It has 2 tubes for hoses, one that goes straight up and one that goes straight down. It was leaking from the tube that actually fits into the block, though. So I went ahead and put the new one in and used thread sealant on that bolt too. But unfortunately it's still leaking. This new connector did not come with an o ring of any kind and there wasnt one on the old one. What am I doing wrong? This van has been so frustrating and now my landlord is getting pissy that I'm not able to fix it. I torqued the bolt down enough and did not use any sealant on the part that goes into the block although the shop manual isn't much help at all with this.

junker Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:22 am

Which hoses are you talking about? the ones at the oil filter housing? Picture?

Mr Brown Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:18 pm

That coolant fitting with the two hoses should have an o-ring on it.