TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Somebody do a tune up at my place today??? Page: 1, 2  Next
Xevin Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:25 pm

Get home from work today and find some random stuff by my front door. Weird. I have found notes, beer, travelers, tools, beer, cats, eclipse glasses, beer, racoons, Skill's rubber and soiled speedo. but never random parts. Someone stop by for a tune up :-k
Very random.

skills@eurocarsplus Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:56 pm

keep looking. I left a used rubber on the light by the garage and had a shart, so I discarded my soiled speedo in the bush by the porch

richparker Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:02 pm

Bitchen!!

Xevin Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:04 pm

skills@eurocarsplus wrote: so I discarded my soiled speedo in the bush by the porch Oh! That was yours? Thought it was Robbie's :lol:
Forgot about that stuff. Must edit my post. :D

aeromech Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:43 am

You should be able to tell it was Skills XS speedo

sjhotz Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:50 am

LOL!

These are the days I am reminded what a treasure thesamba is for my mental health!

Bravo gents, keep it comin'!

-sjhotz

wcfvw69 Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:03 am

Just more proof of VW people being cheap asses.. Only dropping off used tune up parts, condoms and sharted in thongs...

So typical... :lol:

TDCTDI Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:52 pm

What you haven't figured out yet is where they got the replacement parts from.

Stuartzickefoose Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:23 pm

Xevin....how much did you drink last night? WE did a tune up. You don't remember?

aeromech Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:44 pm

Stu, how ya doing there buddy? You never call me any more. Is it something I said?

Tom Powell Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:21 pm

Stuartzickefoose wrote: Xevin....how much did you drink last night? WE did a tune up. You don't remember?

You each did one plug? Next time invite a couple of friends and do all four. :roll:

Aloha
tp

SGKent Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:47 pm

whomever did it, the one on the left is showing signs it seized coming out.

Stuartzickefoose Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:20 pm

We got tired quick so we just did one on each side. Figured that's good for a few years right?

Aeromech, check my "on the road to" thread in my sig, just got home to!

busdaddy Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:22 pm

Is that plug on the left leaking between the porcelain and steel on the outside?
Or is that overspray from the shart?

Abscate Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:33 pm

I think Xevin got The point

skills@eurocarsplus Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:06 pm

busdaddy wrote: Is that plug on the left leaking between the porcelain and steel on the outside?
Or is that overspray from the shart?

been seeing that a lot lately. pretty sure it's from running too hot. I especially see it on boosted cars, and NGK's seem to be worse than others.

it wasn't shart juice. it was one of those crop duster farts. sadly it had a big report at the end, hence the skivvies in the bushes

SGKent Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:20 pm

run them hot enough the glue melts. A couple well known racing teams used to set the mixture on their engines before wide band gauges by watching for the spot where the glue just began to ooze. Mac Tilton, who built Paul Newman's winning cars told me that. My understanding is that he didn't have the skivvy problems you all seem to have when your plugs are hot.

busdaddy Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:21 pm

Well..... even coverage and distribution counts for bonus points even if it was semi accidental, nice work!

skills@eurocarsplus Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:01 pm

mark, I had to laugh...just watched "death car on the freeway" and thought of you and your f'n dodge :lol:

Xevin Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:25 pm

I have Betamax tape of Busdaddy picking up his custom conversion Dodge van back in the day. 8)