TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Trying to impress a girl - Pagosa Springs CO cool ideas request Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
vanis13 Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:04 pm

Trying to impress a girl .... and getting her to dig vanagon outings... so get me your coolest ideas ;-)

Heading to Pagosa Springs this Labor Day w/e from Albuquerque to spend Sunday at the Folk Fest in town there. Would love to hear your ideas of cool things to do, visit, and where to van camp both around there and between there and here.

If your place is super secret PM/email/call me and I swear to keep it private :D [email protected] 505-304-5306

campism Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:39 pm

Just be yourself and be sure to check the van thoroughly before departure. Chicks do not dig breakdowns.

GWTWTLW Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:48 pm

make sure the jump seat is securely fastened...

Abscate Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:58 pm

Leave copper nuts out of the conversation, unless she brings them up.

Tom Powell Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:22 pm

Abscate wrote: Leave copper nuts out of the conversation, unless she brings them up.

Brass nuts?

Aloha
tp

gvisconty Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:37 pm

campism wrote: Chicks do not dig breakdowns.
Unless you can get it fixed and back on the road within minutes, smiling confidently the whole time. If can do that you're impressive. Bonus points for figuring out her favorite song without asking and whistling it while you work.

(this will only work once)

photogdave Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:50 pm

Read that thread about stabilizing the van with jacks. Hopefully that info will be useful!
And, uh, lube your CV boot...

figborg Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:51 pm

Regardless of where you are going:
Cook her a meal in the van and serve wine or beer, then do the dishes. Install dimming interior LEDs and make sure your stereo system is up to par. Make sure to pop the top, unless you are going stealth, of course. Also, wash the exterior and clean the interior.
And yes, above all, be yourself. Enjoy!

Vanagon Nut Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:43 pm

1. Do not talk too much about your Vanagon
2. Clean it up. Way good.
3. Before she sees your Vanagon, show her this video. (at your own risk ;) JK )

(features a Vanagon)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTqPT0Wt7Ws

Steve M. Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:07 pm

Let her drive it.

vwwestyman Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:11 pm

gvisconty wrote: campism wrote: Chicks do not dig breakdowns.
Unless you can get it fixed and back on the road within minutes, smiling confidently the whole time. If can do that you're impressive. Bonus points for figuring out her favorite song without asking and whistling it while you work.

(this will only work once)

Last year, coming back from watching fireworks in the next town over on July 4th, the fuel pump in my '73 overheated and the engine stopped. We were in a huge traffic jam and the bus was full with the girl I had recently started dating, my foster sons, and her foster daughter.

So I jumped out and pushed the bus over to the shoulder.

She later told me that she thought it was pretty hot that I was able to push the bus over to the shoulder by myself like that, with everyone in it!

In the end, it didn't work out for other reasons. Oh well.

vanis13 Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:14 pm

Vanagon Nut wrote: 3. Before she sees your Vanagon, show her this video. (at your own risk ;) JK )

(features a Vanagon)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTqPT0Wt7Ws

Classic!!

Actually Vanilla Pop is NM Local from Taos and girl is (as am I) a fan so she thought it "Seriously Hysterical". We've actually hoped to find them playing but they have gotten so popular for private events that the public shows are now sparse.

vanis13 Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:17 pm

So I'm loving all these responses.

I'm hoping someone will respond with that awesome in-the-middle-of-nowhere spot 'cause without that strong alternative the van and its occupants will be relegated to a public campground :roll: ...It's all about the company anyway, right? :lol:

Keep them coming!

dhaavers Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:13 am

Vanagon Nut wrote: ...show her this video...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTqPT0Wt7Ws
Fun...and if she has a taste for good beer, grab a sixer and consider together
the strongly romantic overtones of this classic from Deschutes Brewery:

Hope y'all have a GOOD time...!!! 8)

- Dave

PS: No local expertise, but allow me to Google"Pagosa Springs dispersed camping" for you... :wink:

PPS: Luckily, I love finding/looking at maps...here's San Juan Nat'l Forest, Pagosa Ranger District:
https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/fseprd538717.pdf

Looks like a lot of potential out there! 8)

AZ Landshaper Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:03 am

From the father of two daughters, be a freakin' gentlemen. Make sure you hold the door for her when she steps into the tow truck LOL.

Actually I hope this chick is adventurous and Ive got my fingers crossed that your rig makes it out and back.

wontfalia Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:29 am

Let her take a nap in the bed as you drive her to the festival. And when she wakes up, make her light the fridge :lol:

atomatom Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:30 am

if she won't accept the adventure/thrill of the possibility of the van breaking down you have the wrong van or wrong woman.

here is my dear wife helping bump start (on the prairies) after our starter caught on fire while going 110kmh

Pcforno Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:23 am

There's not much "secret camping" immediately around pagosa. We usually camp by the river at piedra. Lots of free spots. Depending on time check out the west fork San Juan hot springs (6 mile hike). Riff raf brewery or the kip's are good. For fancier food there's La Beuff (French food in west pagosa) or alley house (you'll need reservations)

raoul mitgong Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:41 am

Depending on you house battery situation, you might want to pick up one of those jumper battery packs from Harbor Freight or FLAPS if you don't have one already.
-d

bobbyblack Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:25 am

Steve M. wrote: Let her drive it.

+1

OR:

wontfalia wrote: Let her take a nap in the bed as you drive her to the festival. And when she wakes up, make her light the fridge :lol:

+2