TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Trying to impress a girl - Pagosa Springs CO cool ideas request Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
dobryan Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:08 am

She
Who
Must
Be
Obeyed..... :lol:

newfisher Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:18 am

Awesome! You two look like fun times!

gears Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:18 am

Back in the day when I wanted to impress a girl .. stuff an 8" adjustable wrench down my pants ;^)

E1 Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:18 am

Except that was yesterday. :lol:

Tobias Duncan Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:37 pm

update?

jkallo Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:53 pm

E1 wrote: From the totally-useless files...

Our buses are brothers.

And I just bought a used shirt at the outdoor exchange place -- in Pagosa -- that is your EXACT shirt (all my clothes match our bus). :wink:

< End useless information >

FWIW I also color coordinate my wardrobe with my bus which is also a member of the assuan brown brother/sisterhood. We really ought to start a club.

On topic: this thread is very heartwarming. I have noticed that somehow every little trip in the van with my SO (of 21 years) feels pretty first dateish. Bus magic, I suppose!

AZ Landshaper Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:33 pm

Assuan Browns unite!

Good date bro. Glad no tow truck involved.

E1 Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:40 pm

I'm there, Fellow Assuanonians!

Jkallo, we're sick, Man, sick! I've got a whole scheme of Assuaninities, all the way down to having a Yeti from a special-run in Texas Longhorn colors... replete with a white lid.

Read it and weep... but if your Frisbee is orange, and your towels, and your chairs, and your bedding, and your awning, and your camp stools, and your sunglasses, and your cigar tube are all decorated in the delicate-yet-Hulk-inspiring Performance Burnt Orange, you might have what it takes -- after careful review!!! -- to be ABC's Chief ASSuan.

Signed,
Curator, Assuan Bus Club

jkallo Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:02 am

E1 wrote:
Jkallo, we're sick, Man, sick! I've got a whole scheme of Assuaninities, all the way down to having a Yeti from a special-run in Texas Longhorn colors... replete with a white lid.b

Yeah that cooler makes me green, er orange, with envy. That said, last time I was in Cabelas I noticed they have a new yeti-knockoff that's a decent shade of orange. My wife took one look at it and said "we don't need another cooler."

Imagine the sight of an assuan van meetup. Dozens in one place. Brings a tear to me eye.

E1 Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:26 am

jkallo wrote: Imagine the sight of an assuan van meetup. Dozens in one place. Brings a tear to me eye. You just blew my mind.

Can't you see I'm totally burnt-oranged out? :shock:

ALIKA T3 Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:43 pm

=D> =D> =D>

Cheeee-hoooo!
Ruined the camping in a tent= goal reached :lol:

I think since I have a van, 15 years, I slept in a tent 2 nights, bc it was on an island, off a boat. If I cannot sleep in the van, I don't even bother trying to find a tent, I sleep on the ground, no tent to take care of :lol: (weather permitting, not too hard here).

Congrats gentleman!

vwwestyman Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:52 pm

I'd be afraid of spiders crawling on me while I was asleep if I just slept on the ground!

E1 Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:38 pm

Used to use a tarp for canyon backpacks.

Once in Coyote Gulch, Utah, we used it by a waterfall.

Had a Kangaroo rat on my belly so took a few minutes outside.

Twenty feet away was a medicine ball-sized thicket of Daddy longlegs.

Tent next time.

The End.

Macwesty Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:57 pm

A cool thread and thanks for sharing! Fingers crossed for a second date!

Scott

physast Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:45 pm

I got lucky and my van accepts my wife!

E1 Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:50 pm

Ohhhhhh, that's Uge.

Congrats!

Multiman mv Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:42 pm

I know my advice is a little late but in case it happens again Here's what you do. You drive on the highway for a few hours and then suddenly surge your foot up and down on the gas pedal and secretly make the van buck like a wild horse. Then you say,"oh crap, we've got a serious problem." You tell her it's going to be ok and say, "just give me a little time, I'll figure this out." You pull off the highway to a safe location and tell her to sit back for a bit. You go back the where the engine is and light off a smoke bomb under the back of the van. You then help her get out of the van and you both watch from a safe distance until the smoke has cleared and say, "wow, it's worse than I thought." You then go back with a couple of open ended wrenches and start banging around inside the engine hatch (making sure to get grease all over your hands.) After a few minutes, you say, "well, I think I've figured this out, it was the main bearing to the flux capacitor that gave way but we should be all set now." Get back into the van and drive along your way. She'll be hooked.

All right, never mind all that crap. just be yourself and you'll be fine.

msinabottle Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:03 pm

My ex-girlfriend, who had many fine and admirable qualities...

and...

:shock:

... more than once expressed a desire to, er... 'claim' Winston for her own...

:oops:

For some reason that never happened, possibly due to issues with cleaning his new SewFine upholstery, or the difficulty today in getting rubberized sheets.

Events ran their course, and we are no longer together. But I am still sleeping with Winston.

Best!

dobryan Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:59 pm

msinabottle wrote: My ex-girlfriend..... or the difficulty today in getting rubberized sheets.

Hmmm, Rob, sounds like Winston has some stories to tell... :lol: :wink:

msinabottle Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:56 pm

Quote: Hmmm, Rob, sounds like Winston has some stories to tell...

He probably does, from his days in Arizona and the runs with his previous owner, the rock climber. I'm boring as blazes, and have pretty much told you all all that is interesting in my time with Winston.

Best!