TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Syncaru 16 AWD build Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
human compass Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:25 am

They are cool! the spring and perch were ordered separately from burley. Integrity auto made the 16"arm.

rmengr1 Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:16 am

[quote="human compass"]the front diff and subframe are in!

Mouth watering and eyes bulging :shock:! Wow that is awwwwwesome!!!! Did you say you are planning to overland this work of art through South America?

started on my overlander and you have given me much inspiration.

human compass Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:45 am

thanks so much! yes, were going to use it travel through south america. cant wait!

Post some pics of yours as you get moving, I'm always looking for inspiration myself.

cheers,
Mike

rmengr1 Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:32 am

if you have not read Drive Nacho Drive, its a definite read before you head to South America in your rig. Im early in the journey of upgrading. rebuilding an EJ2.5 with reversed subi transmission. Want to get TBD for it but will probably keep it 2wd for now. Planning to overland Pan American Highway when she is done.

Cheers!
Robert

human compass Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:53 am

great read! I had the TBD in mine while it was 2wd. definitely recommend.

human compass Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:08 pm

new shoes for Ativan!

Franklinstower Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:22 pm

where did you source the Shifter for the cable shift? Any info on the custom cables too?

MsTaboo Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:59 pm

human compass wrote: new shoes for Ativan!

Nice looking combo.
Would you please put one of these on a scale for real world weight? Thanks!

human compass Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:25 pm

I've asked Jonathan about the shifter cables and wheel/tire weight. I'll let you know when I hear back.

human compass Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:43 pm

Franklinstower wrote: where did you source the Shifter for the cable shift? Any info on the custom cables too?

shifter is from the same car as that the trans came from. Not sure where he's getting the cables made. would imagine its pretty easy to get these made. I'm having him make a spare to carry around with me.

Franklinstower Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:15 pm

human compass wrote: Franklinstower wrote: where did you source the Shifter for the cable shift? Any info on the custom cables too?

shifter is from the same car as that the trans came from. Not sure where he's getting the cables made. would imagine its pretty easy to get these made. I'm having him make a spare to carry around with me.

Seems like the shifter would be backwards if it came from the donor vehicle....unless you can rotate the 2 linkage arms at the tranny 180 degrees.

human compass Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:51 pm

Franklinstower wrote: human compass wrote: Franklinstower wrote: where did you source the Shifter for the cable shift? Any info on the custom cables too?

Seems like the shifter would be backwards if it came from the donor vehicle....unless you can rotate the 2 linkage arms at the tranny 180 degrees.

I know he's working on custom linkage but dont know the details, sorry

human compass Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:24 am

mock ups of the desert fox aux tank. some undercoating on the frame and foam on the straps and should be good to go! 12 more gallons of fuel!

human compass Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:26 am

mock up of the new gauges. the background will be more cream/beige than the pic shows

human compass Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:40 pm

just some shots of the clearance and new wheels mounted

human compass Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:28 pm

finally off the lift. needs suspension adjustment after bumpers are on to even it out. im happy with the stance overall

human compass Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:36 pm

new gauge cluster coming together. check out the topo background!

elizer Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:51 pm

Love the gauge cluster. So much wants. What harness are you using with it?

human compass Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:48 pm

elizer wrote: Love the gauge cluster. So much wants. What harness are you using with it?

I'm not sure what he's using?? I would guess custom since the foil is shot.

human compass Fri May 10, 2019 12:31 pm

some shots of the shifter console mock up and the delicious tuning dongle (good for 20+ HP gain in conjunction with my CAI and high flow exhaust).