TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
sanchius Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:08 am

Denver Vanagons & Microbrews - 3pm Sunday Oct 15 at the awesome New Terrain Brewing in Golden, 16401 Table Mountain Pkwy, Golden, CO 80403

We invite you to join some of the Denver area Vanagon folks who are getting together this Sunday mid-afternoon to talk Vanagons over brews, check out each others rides and just generally enjoy what should be a nice fall afternoon.

I'll be there with Tuna and whoever from my crew is around.
We hope that you can join us so we can meet you & yours and see your neat Vanagon.
If you plan on coming by, reply to this thread with a picture of your van so we know who you are.

There should be several Subaru conversions in attendance to look over & experience.
You can see also what went well and what didn't with my mods, including my recent Groupon window tinting.
Feel free to bring your SO/kids/dogs etc. so they aren't left out and can unite in analyzing our strange obsession with these things.

Logistics: Try to park on the east end of the lot, away from the building, or on the adjoining Parkway street. New Terrain is easy to get to, is spouse, kid & dog friendly, generally has great food trucks and we'll be done well before the Broncos game starts. It also has the best siting of any of the local microbreweries, with a great vista of South Table Mountain, next to the Colorado Train museum, a dog park, the Golden Bike Park and the North Table Mountain bike trail system. Ob.Legal.Fineprint: This is an informal gathering in the presence of many tasty microbrews. Each person is responsible for their own safe and legal intake and conduct.

E1 Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:34 am

Sounds awesome, wish we could come!

We lived in Lakewood from 1980-2013 and may come through in a few weeks to pinstripe in Castle Rock, but in Mid-Ohio now.

Have a couple for us! 8)

joetiger Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:59 am

I can't make it on Sunday (kids' weightlifting competition then Broncos-Giants) but hope we can make this a periodic thing. I'd love to be involved.

Edit: Adding a photo of the lads for next time:

onwardtothestars Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:57 pm

vanagon still no go... so next time..

connorsvw2 Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:45 pm

I'd love to come but helping with my wife's art show at our home. Definitely interested in another date!

sanchius Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:42 am

Just a reminder that this is happening today. See you there...

nepawesty Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:27 am

I'll be there.

jamin307 Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:51 pm

Bummer- I'll miss this one. Is it going to be a regular meet up?

sanchius Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:12 pm

It was a beautiful warm fall afternoon spent checking out a very nice 2.5L conversion, then sitting in the sun enjoying some beer and pizza with some new friends, talking about Vanagons and lots of other topics. I'm sure we'll do this again.

bronsonarlo Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:37 pm

Had a great time! Thanks again for the invite.

T91Carat Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:01 am

Grrrrr, hate that I am just seeing this post now. I just missed it!

joetiger Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:43 pm

When's the next one?

sanchius Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:58 pm

joetiger wrote: When's the next one?

Though it's snowing right now, it's going to be near 70 around 3pm on Sunday.

Do you have any dog-friendly, outside-seating, breweries by you?

joetiger Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:26 am

Actually we do! Station 26 Brewing. They have an outside patio, a large (dirt) parking lot, and a BBQ food truck on Sundays. It's right off I-70 and Quebec, too, so fairly easy to get to.

This idea has legs. Let's do it.

E1 Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:54 am

We're in central Ohio now, leaving southern Indiana at Tuesday dawn, and may well be through Denver next weekend to meet up with a friend, the next superstar lady race driver...

Schedule's forming asap, what are y'all thinking?

nepawesty Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:11 pm

I can do it.

joetiger Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:23 pm

I put the word out for this Sunday. I'll be there.

sanchius Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:16 pm

joetiger wrote: I put the word out for this Sunday. I'll be there.
We'll be there...

connorsvw2 Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:03 pm

I may be there if my planned MTB ride finishes in time...station 26 is the bomb!

sanchius Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:01 pm

Great call on Station 26 Brewery, JoeTiger! Great beer, great food, great weather, great folks.

It was fun meeting everyone, their SOs & kids and seeing all the cool things you've done with your vans.

Mike's very impressive Subie 2.5L conversion with lots of custom interior work.

Not a stock wheel to be seen...