TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Old DKP Driver Chris? Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Clatter Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:49 pm

After another hiatus by TCash being posted here,
It makes me worry about Old DKP Chris.

I was trying to call him, and left a couple of messages,
He hasn't been on the Samba in over two months.

Any of you regulars heard from him?
Xevin?
Tim?

I could see him hiding from me, no doubt.
People delete my messages all the time..
:wink:
But for him to not log onto the Samba??

Xevin Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:03 pm

I have been thinking of him all week. I know he has plans on moving and thought maybe he's been distracted. He didn't hit me back on the text I sent him last month after he called me. Thought for sure you in touch with him. Ah shit. I hope all is well. Chris is such a good guy.

babysnakes Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:39 am

I think he is friends with desertbusman. It's been some time since I called dbm. I'll give him a ring after work and ask.

ROCKOROD71 Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:39 am

I bought parts form him back in July and that was part of his cleaning out in preparation to move.
Perhaps he is still settling in, took me over a year to get settled in my new place, 2 years actually and I still have a ton to do. Stalled MY bus project that's for sure.
Anyways as of 3 months ago he was alive, that's good right? :D

SGKent Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:06 am

I would guess that he is part of the mass middle class exodus out of CA. Taxes, fees, and prices have escalated here the last few years.

Tom Powell Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:38 am

SGKent wrote: I would guess that he is part of the mass middle class exodus out of CA. Taxes, fees, and prices have escalated here the last few years.

I left SoCal in '59, but in the 80's I bought a '69 camper and keep it there for ski trips.

Aloha
tp

babysnakes Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:02 pm

I just got off the phone with Desertbusman (the older members know him, the newbees not so much) and he is doing very well. We talked for about an hour. I asked him about Chris (I don't know Chris) as he speaks with Chris often. He says Old DKP dude is doing fine, he has been very busy but doing fine.

Busstom Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:51 pm

SGKent wrote: I would guess that he is part of the mass middle class exodus out of CA. Taxes, fees, and prices have escalated here the last few years.
Add ridiculous traffic to that list.

richparker Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:07 pm

I知 pretty sure all those leaving Cali are moving to small towns in Colorado. Getting involved with the city council and trying to make it just like Cali.

airschooled Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:19 pm

Yesssssss keep spreading the hate. Keeps the tourists away from my quaint beach town.

Robbie

[email protected] Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:24 pm

richparker wrote: I知 pretty sure all those leaving Cali are moving to small towns in Colorado. Getting involved with the city council and trying to make it just like Cali.

happening here too rich. I can't wait for the day for #calexit or it just snaps off and floats away.

TDCTDI Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:35 am

richparker wrote: I知 pretty sure all those leaving Cali are moving to small towns in Colorado. Getting involved with the city council and trying to make it just like Cali.
Unfortunately, those that leave tend to try to make the new cities that they move to just like the one they couldn't afford to stay in.

Wasted youth Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:19 am

asiab3 wrote: Yesssssss keep spreading the hate. Keeps the tourists away from my quaint beach town.

Robbie

I dunno. My childhood had vacant lots on the Balboa Peninsula. This summer I left Gary's house and drove PCH to Laguna. Didn't see much 'quaintness' but certainly saw plenty of Kalifornication.

Bah...! None of it's affordable anyway. Good thing I have a Westy. Pee in their neatly manicured bushes and throw my poo bag in their Recycling Bin.

SamboSamba22 Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:30 am

THIS IS TRUTH. Denver痴 pace and expense at development and infrastructural growth is mirrored from California advancements.
Living there for 3 years, and talking with old timers, this 田hange began in the mid-90痴...I don稚 know how my friends are juggling it all while living there, and then I see my buddy Clark in Hawaii on vaca...

Abscate Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:51 am

[email protected] wrote: richparker wrote: I知 pretty sure all those leaving Cali are moving to small towns in Colorado. Getting involved with the city council and trying to make it just like Cali.

happening here too rich. I can't wait for the day for #calexit or it just snaps off and floats away.

Im thankful its 1/6 of the GDP, and growing at 2x the national average, and helps us NYers bail out the rest of the 36 states that don't carry their weight. See Tax Foundation. Reality hurts, sometimes.

Xevin Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:01 am

asiab3 wrote: Yesssssss keep spreading the hate. Keeps the tourists away from my quaint beach town.
Robbie

That's never going to happen. I'm surprised So-Cal hasn't required the purchase of a daily wrist band to use the beach yet. Like every other attraction in So-Cal. Californians don't seem to like Oregon. Dismal beaches with needles and trash, zero surfing of any kind, Gang violence, rude people, rain 12 months a year, blizzards, tornadoes, earthquakes, crappy beer, greasy bland food, over priced cocktails, Horrible mass transit, 15% sales tax, the list goes on :-S Better to just keep going north to Seattle, it's the Emerald City :D
(People with ACVWs and California Homless seem to like it 8)

Wasted youth Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:19 am

I'd move there if it would be like South Park comes alive. A hot tub full of KFC gravy is one of my dreams. :lol:

lil-jinx Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:34 am

Enough interstate hate.

SGKent Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:43 am

lil-jinx wrote: Enough interstate hate.

naaa - this time California deserves it. The values a select few are being forced onto everyone else while we are being billed for the brainwashing. California makes promises it can't keep, or pay for, and then tries to blame everyone else. There is a lot of anger here right now towards government in general over these problems. If Chris escaped it good for him.

wcfvw69 Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:08 am

I left California in the early 90's. There was a waiting list for U-hauls which I went on. They were paying big money to folks to fly to Colorado, Arizona and other SW states to drive the U-hauls back.

Growing up in the SD area, I hardly recognize certain parts anymore. It's SSOO overgrown IMHO. It's still a beautiful in the San Diego and you can't beat the weather.

The long time California people are cashing out and bailing. They are selling there houses and taking their huge equity proceeds to other, more affordable states. They then buy a new house for a 1/4 of what the sold their old home in California for.