TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Post your Brazilian Bus & knowledge here. Page: Previous  1, 2
LAGrunthaner Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:07 pm

Very interesting.

gunbab Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:58 am

Love to see that this brazil busses also being loved by more and more VW enthusiast.

Who has restored his brazil bus? I only see many stock busses, not restored ones.
Keep posting.

kind regards
Gunther

luca Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:12 am

gunbab wrote: Love to see that this brazil busses also being loved by more and more VW enthusiast.

Who has restored his brazil bus? I only see many stock busses, not restored ones.
Keep posting.

kind regards
Gunther

yep ...agreed .... but this thread should be moved to the bay window section anyway .....😀😀😀

marcpires Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:49 pm

gunbab wrote: Love to see that this brazil busses also being loved by more and more VW enthusiast.

Keep posting.

kind regards
Gunther

Here in Brazil, it is very difficult to restore old vehicles, labor is expensive and most of the time unspecialized. The part of bodywork and painting was done in a workshop that left something to be desired in some respects, but the interior, motor and electric was made by a friend of mine at home under my supervision.

mandraks Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:15 pm

marcpires wrote: ...

Here in Brazil, it is very difficult to restore old vehicles, labor is expensive and most of the time unspecialized. The part of bodywork and painting was done in a workshop that left something to be desired in some respects, but the interior, motor and electric was made by a friend of mine at home under my supervision.

some things are cheap, like free advice for example.

The inside door handles are installed wrong. the tip should point up and forward. like the hands on a clock pointing at 2 for the drivers side, 10 on the passenger side.

marcpires Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:16 pm

mandraks wrote: marcpires wrote: ...

The inside door handles are installed wrong. the tip should point up and forward. like the hands on a clock pointing at 2 for the drivers side, 10 on the passenger side.

Here in Brazil, de luxe model came out with the internal door handles installed in the front doors. I did the option to install but did not follow originality pattern. But I appreciate the advice.

EverettB Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:02 pm

marcpires wrote: mandraks wrote: marcpires wrote: ...

Here in Brazil, de luxe model came out with the internal door handles installed in the front doors. I did the option to install but did not follow originality pattern. But I appreciate the advice.

How did you exit the vehicle from the inside without door handles?

I see a door handle in this brochure
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/lit/1964bus_brazil.php
Pic

mandraks Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:10 pm

i think he is talking about the door pulls. I was, of course, talking about the inside handles to unlock and lock the door.

installing the door pulls to point at 10 or 2 respectively would be tricky, of course.

marcpires Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:12 pm

there are door handles, what did not come was the inner door handle

marcpires Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:15 pm

mandraks wrote: i think he is talking about the door pulls. I was, of course, talking about the inside handles to unlock and lock the door.

installing the door pulls to point at 10 or 2 respectively would be tricky, of course.

I'm sorry, I think I got it wrong, I'm not very fluent in english

marcpires Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:23 pm

mandraks wrote:

Okay, now I understood what you were referring to. The image of EverettB helped me understand

EverettB Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:41 pm

Ok, we all understand now. :)

The upper door pulls are a nice addition.

iknowdavehouse Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:56 am

Hey everyone, I'm 2 days into being a Brazilian split owner. I had a German early bay previously so not my first VW.

I'm having major headaches looking for parts already. I'm slowly searching threads on here to try and find information but omg, I thought having an early bay crossover was confusing.

Where is everyone getting their parts from?
Are there general rules to follow, e.g. generally go for late split for everything apart from doors?

First search is for the through steering column ignition barrel, nobody seems to sell that!

HMVWNAB Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:43 am

Any “pundits” here? :wink:

ryanl Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:29 am

iknowdavehouse wrote: Hey everyone, I'm 2 days into being a Brazilian split owner. I had a German early bay previously so not my first VW.

I'm having major headaches looking for parts already. I'm slowly searching threads on here to try and find information but omg, I thought having an early bay crossover was confusing.

Are there general rules to follow, e.g. generally go for late split for everything apart from doors?

First search is for the through steering column ignition barrel, nobody seems to sell that!

I'm a new Brazilian split owner too. I haven't ordered too much stuff yet, but I kind of expect that it will be trial and error as far as what fits and what doesn't. Mine is a '74 and when I search for parts I'm looking for stuff that fits a '66.

LAGrunthaner Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:42 am

I just noticed this post from the summer a little tray just above the dog leg, is it a Brazilian option or home made? I could see putting stuff in there like sunglasses, pen, phone etc. I like the little cover for the fire extinguisher too.

Thats great to know that the 66 bus parts fit the Brazilian bus.

ryanl wrote: iknowdavehouse wrote: Hey everyone, I'm 2 days into being a Brazilian split owner. I had a German early bay previously so not my first VW.

I'm a new Brazilian split owner too. I haven't ordered too much stuff yet, but I kind of expect that it will be trial and error as far as what fits and what doesn't. Mine is a '74 and when I search for parts I'm looking for stuff that fits a '66.

iknowdavehouse Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:06 am

It is a nice bus, just needs some parts. It's mainly smalls I need and the Brazilian parts and variations aren't well documented, that's all.

tmmybrbr Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:42 am

from what I've seen, electrical parts are the hardest to figure out.
Mostly, as long as you have the old part, compare it and try to confirm which replacement fits. My '60 that I had before was sometimes just as difficult, because who knows what someone has done to it over the last 60 years??
My personal feeling is that I'm not going stock anyway, so there have been a few times that I just make it work.
here's my current '74 for reference.