TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Windows against scrapers?
avocado_tom Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:27 pm

All,

I'm putting the 914 I bought back together (it came "some assembly required", mostly with regards to trim and interior) and I'm trying to figure out if I'm putting the windows back together correctly.

I am assuming that the door window is supposed to be in contact with the outer portion of the scraper?

Thanks!
Avo

raygreenwood Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:20 am

Yes....but bear in mind.....the windows can be in the correct position....and not be bearing against the scrapers...if the scrapers themselves are old and shot. Ray

avocado_tom Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:39 pm

raygreenwood wrote: Yes....but bear in mind.....the windows can be in the correct position....and not be bearing against the scrapers...if the scrapers themselves are old and shot. Ray

Thanks Ray. That was probably an inherent part of my question, so thanks for picking up on it. My windows aren't touching the scrapers, but the scrapers are totally old. That's probably more the issue than anything.

Cheers!

[email protected] Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:17 am

also keep in mind that the inner fuzzy and the outer fuzzy keep the window prone and from flopping around. Also if you have an early model without the felt in the vertical tracks, the guides glued to the window get loose and the front four rollers crunchy from lack of lubrication causing the window to flop a bit and make it hard to roll up and down

avocado_tom Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:32 pm

[email protected] wrote: also keep in mind that the inner fuzzy and the outer fuzzy keep the window prone and from flopping around. Also if you have an early model without the felt in the vertical tracks, the guides glued to the window get loose and the front four rollers crunchy from lack of lubrication causing the window to flop a bit and make it hard to roll up and down

That's super helpful to know. Thanks!