TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Anyone hear from Stuart lately Page: 1, 2  Next
aerosurfer Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:42 pm

Like the title says, Stuart (Stuartzickefoose) hasnít been logged on in over a month, he hasnít returned my calls or texts since mid December too. PM me or let me know if something is up.

Last time we talked he sounded pretty happy, hope everything is alright

babysnakes Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:54 pm

I talked with him via text last week about an LSD for advice. He seemed as cool as one could seem via text.

Xevin Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:19 pm

Yep heís all good. And Maisyís engine lives on...itís in my 76. Running tough too. Holy crap it runs well. How long? Who cares itís good to have a piece of Maisy still rolling. Will be interesting to see how many more miles we can put on the old girl. Notchboy got the trans, I got the engine, and some of you others have random parts. Would love to know how many members are rolling around with a piece of Maisy?
( Ronin10, donít worry Gretaís engine is all safe and bundled up for future use in the 72 itís a story for later)

Abscate Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:33 pm

Sometimes people find new things in their life better than grumpy old men on Fora

SamboSamba22 Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:37 pm

Stuart is good stuff!
What happened with Maisy?? She was a sweet ride...

Xevin Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:08 pm

SamboSamba22 wrote: Stuart is good stuff!
What happened with Maisy?? She was a sweet ride...

A year ago this month. Long live Maisy!
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...1bf9c437ec

sunnydog wrote: Xevin wrote: ...some of us have been watching the corpse rot for 7 months :wink:
I was over at Xevin's some months back and got the whole story out of Stu firsthand, then bullied him into giving me a picture of the carnage. I tore open a can of IPA 97 to look like Maisy's crushed schnozzle, and took a picture of the picture on his phone. I spent the last 2 months threatening to randomly post it up with no warning to him and start a firestorm of controversy as punishment for his jackassery. What would you guys have thought if this photo appeared in the Beers and Bays thread with no caption? In the end, I couldn't do it. Stu is genuinely heartbroken but honestly he's mostly thankful to just be alive.

RONIN10 Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:13 pm

Xevin wrote: ( Ronin10, donít worry Gretaís engine is all safe and bundled up for future use in the 72 itís a story for later)

It's your bus now, so I'm not too fussed about whatever you do to it. Have fun. A spare engine is always good to have on hand.

More on point, I've had a few texts with Stu over the last couple weeks as well. All seems fine. He's been focused on the Vanagon more lately.

aeromech Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:32 pm

Heís probably in a stupor. Iím sure weíll see him again once the drugs, alcohol, and coffee wear off.

Then again, maybe heís got a girlfriend?

BTW,
Has TCash disappeared again?

richparker Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:53 pm

aeromech wrote: Heís probably in a stupor. Iím sure weíll see him again once the drugs, alcohol, and coffee wear off.

BTW,

You must not know Stu, heís straight edge...

aeromech Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:14 pm

richparker wrote: aeromech wrote: Heís probably in a stupor. Iím sure weíll see him again once the drugs, alcohol, and coffee wear off.

BTW,

You must not know Stu, heís straight edge...

Actually thatís why Iím said that. It was in jest. 🤨

Xevin Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:27 pm

Iíve known Stu about 4 years. But Geez. Some of you guys go back 10 years and watched him as a young high school kid get older. :D

aeromech Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:48 pm

Xevin wrote: Iíve known Stu about 4 years. But Geez. Some of you guys go back 10 years and watched him as a young high school kid get older. :D

If I had to guess Iíd say that his teachers probably gave him low marks in conduct. It was a regular thing for my teachers to write on my report card that I ďfails to exercise self controlĒ.

Stuart and I get along.

SamboSamba22 Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:53 pm

Damn howíd i miss the bus?!
Glad heís good. As mentioned, heíll get the itch again. Even if the docís cream got rid of it once, heís bound to catch it again.

notchboy Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:07 pm

Stubert is just fine. Focused on life and his future then milling away with us here. Saw him today and I see him pretty regular. He gets around making side $ helping others on their buses when he can. He has a good gig working with a contractor.

Watch some of my most recent YouTube vids - we are in there creating mayhem.

He was just up at Xevins with the motor swap thing. Here today getting LED's for another bus.

a57oval Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:58 am

Xevin wrote: Yep heís all good. And Maisyís engine lives on...itís in my 76. Running tough too. Holy crap it runs well. How long? Who cares itís good to have a piece of Maisy still rolling. Will be interesting to see how many more miles we can put on the old girl. Notchboy got the trans, I got the engine, and some of you others have random parts. Would love to know how many members are rolling around with a piece of Maisy?
( Ronin10, donít worry Gretaís engine is all safe and bundled up for future use in the 72 itís a story for later)

I have Maisy's left wing window. Going in my 72. Maisy lives!

Abscate Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:27 am

babysnakes wrote: I talked with him via text last week about an LSD for advice. He seemed as cool as one could seem via text.

Should use this while walking, because you can trip.

Bleyseng Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:07 am

LSD, I love LSD and so does Stuart the destroyer!

Pinetops Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:23 am

Does he still have his other VW's?

babysnakes Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:39 am

Abscate wrote: babysnakes wrote: I talked with him via text last week about an LSD for advice. He seemed as cool as one could seem via text.

I see what you did there. :lol: Limited Slip Differential, not like microdot in a microbus.

asiab3 Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:46 am

babysnakes wrote: Abscate wrote: babysnakes wrote: I talked with him via text last week about an LSD for advice. He seemed as cool as one could seem via text.

I see what you did there. :lol: Limited Slip Differential, not like microdot in a microbus.

I had a bus like that once.