TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: 1970 Bay Window Bus
Vincent Jones Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:14 pm

Up until today, my daughter had a fully functional bus. She ruptured a fuel line that resulted in an engine fire that escalated into a total vehicle loss. She is devastated. My question is what should I do with the vehicle? I am sure there are parts that are salvageable; I wont know until I go through. Do people buy vehicles like this in order to do a full resto?

Any direction/Advice, would be welcomed.

67ctbug Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:17 pm

Pictures please... post them to the gallery here, If you don't know how, look here- https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6

I'm gonna make an assumption without any pics, that it will cost more to fix this one then to buy another bus. Might as well use this one for parts for the new one. Sorry for your bus loss...

scubaseas Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:46 pm

So sorry to hear of your loss.

X2 on Pictures would help a lot

Abscate Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:35 am

Vincent, glad she is ok.

You are in Bus heaven so you should be able to replace it locally.

Generally a fire makes it a scrap car or a project for a major restorer, correct.

If the fire was confined to the engine compartment you might get a few thousand your area

TomWesty Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:47 am

My sympathies to your daughter and you. So glad she wasn’t hurt.

67ctbug Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:36 am

I see you've decided what to do...

Wasted youth Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:49 am

Still no pictures, either here or in the ad. "...resulted in an engine fire that escalated into a total vehicle loss..." and now for sale for $2,000 which may or may not be appropriate.

Pictures would really help the assesment.