TheSamba.com Forums
 
  View original topic: VW Type 1 -> Delta Trike?
BlueWeasel Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:44 pm

Call me crazy, but I can't help but think it'd look really cool to have something similar to a Polaris Slingshot but VW Bug styled.

Here's the best start I've been able to find...but I'm talking about next level...

http://www.bike-urious.com/1967-vw-beetle-trike/


Open air cockpit
Front mounted engine
pre-1967 decklid as an engine cover
maybe a half (third?) height windshield and body
"half" slammed to better mimic the Slingshot profile

Not that I have the time/money/knowledge for such a thing...but I can't help but think it'd be amazing.

Letterman7 Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:48 am

http://www.bugwing.com/

BlueWeasel Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:54 am

Letterman7 wrote: http://www.bugwing.com/

Yeah, I'd come across a picture of that at some point

1) Thinking more 2 seater and more open air
2) That sites that site link to look pretty dodgy and unrelated.

BlueWeasel Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:57 am

Okay, so I found one link there to the actual build that looks helpful...but most of the big links are worrisome.

helowrench Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:55 am

http://www.blackjackzero.com/mainindex.htm
they make a version for the VW engine.

BlueWeasel Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:22 am

helowrench wrote: http://www.blackjackzero.com/mainindex.htm
they make a version for the VW engine.

While that's certainly closer to what I had in mind...

From the site:
Richard Oakes designer and maker retired in June 2013. Since that time Blackjack zero kits have been unavailable.

helowrench Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:15 pm

BlueWeasel wrote: helowrench wrote: http://www.blackjackzero.com/mainindex.htm
they make a version for the VW engine.

While that's certainly closer to what I had in mind...

From the site:
Richard Oakes designer and maker retired in June 2013. Since that time Blackjack zero kits have been unavailable.
yessir, that is indeed the case.
however, I was showing that mainly as a reference.

One of these days I will run out of excuses, and start ordering tubing to make one of these......

BlueWeasel Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:26 pm

helowrench wrote:

yessir, that is indeed the case.
however, I was showing that mainly as a reference.

One of these days I will run out of excuses, and start ordering tubing to make one of these......

While my son isn't a big fan of the exposed engine and some of the bubbly nose design in general he was fully supportive of such a build. He also likes the Formula V stuff.

whozawhat Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:51 pm


there is this idea



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group