TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Siam VW Festival (Bangkok, Thailand)
Prudent Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:55 pm

Just in case you happen to travelling or on holiday, this weekend (10-11 March) the annual VW Festival will be held. Location is Robinson Lifestyle Srisamam and it goes from about 4pm to 9pm both days

socal1904 Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:31 pm

I missed it last year by a few days, wish I could have made it, heard it was a great show!

Prudent Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:30 am

posted a Video of the Saturday evening walkthrough, lots of vehicles:

EverettB Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:39 am

Thanks for the video.

I saw a small line-up of Type 3 Ghias but only one black Type 34 later in the video, do you have any footage or photos of the other Type 3 Ghias?

Prudent Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:41 am

EverettB wrote: Thanks for the video.

I saw a small line-up of Type 3 Ghias but only one black Type 34 later in the video, do you have any footage or photos of the other Type 3 Ghias?

Ive got a bunch of photos and video still to go through, so will keep a keen eye open!

Prudent Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:57 pm

Just a video of the 2020 Siam VW Festival for those who are interested, hope you enjoy

EverettB Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:10 am

Some really nice cars.

Nice Green 23-Window

RHD Convertible Type 34... cool

I saw there was a video for 2019 too, here it is

Prudent Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:39 pm

Thanks Everett, actually they are my videos, I have a 1977 Type 2 (2.0l) that Im currently refurbing as a camper so I can continue my travels around Thailand, hence the name of the channel vdubtravels!, glad you enjoyed

MuzzcoVW Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:40 am

Prudent wrote: Thanks Everett, actually they are my videos, I have a 1977 Type 2 (2.0l) that Im currently refurbing as a camper so I can continue my travels around Thailand, hence the name of the channel vdubtravels!, glad you enjoyed Good Morning! Hello from the States. I figured I'd respond to this thread even though it is old. Do you have any information on if and when this show is being held in 2023? We are considering visiting Thailand for our 5th anniversary and I would love to be able to attend this show. I've wanted to visit your country since I was in 6th grade. I had a friend from your country living in my neighborhood for several years and have wanted to visit ever since.

Busstom Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:54 pm

Prudent wrote: Just a video of the 2020 Siam VW Festival for those who are interested, hope you enjoy
Very cool! I had no idea there was such a scene in Thailand! Thanks for sharing, and thanks again for providing the musical link via PM.