TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Best VW Car Show in the World
Dantexco Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:28 am

Greetings everyone =) Do you know where is the Best and Biggest VW Car Show in the World?? I have heard that is in Germany and Brazil and Mexico and the USA.

I am planning to do a trip this year and the destination is base on the show =)

Thank you

ib-bus Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:38 am

Not sure about being the best but it may be the biggest in the world.
Busfest in Great Malvern England.

Been a few times , over 8000 vw buses show up from Split buses to T6 Transpoters.

The parking lots where day visitors park usually has a few hundred VWs .

It happens every year in September https://www.busfest.org/busfest/

rays-64 Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:51 am

Check out clips from last years Prado show in Southern California. Hugh and will be bigger again.

notchboy Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:24 pm

rays-64 wrote: Check out clips from last years Prado show in Southern California. Hugh and will be bigger again.

This for sure is a good US on. But I think VolsWorld show in the UK is quite the spectacle.

Typ3nut Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:04 pm

Some of the Finest at the "Day of the Volkswagen" by Volkswagen Club of Victoria at Yarra Glen Racecourse, Victoria, Australia.

mg6770 Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:04 am

Hessisch Oldendorf is the best in my opinion. Worth the 4 year wait.

BulliBill Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:57 am

I totally agree with the previous gent! Hessisch-Oldendorf is the best one that I've ever attended (three times now!). If I was only allowed out to attend one VW show, it would be the H-O weekend... the Bad Camberg weekend would be a close second choice.

Bill Bowman

DraginInk Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:53 pm

I'd take into consideration the duration of "the show".
If traveling far, I'd recommend looking for the most bang for your buck$.
SoCal in June would be my pick.
Starting with OCTO on Sat. June 1st, Pomona AND Bug-In on Sun. the 2nd. With a week of cruises, BBQ's, Open Houses and hanging, there is so much to do! There's camping at Blackstar then topping it all off with the El Prado Show and Shine on June 9th it's hard to beat all that VW action that happens in that time frame.

That being said, Hessisch Oldendorf IS on my "must do" list.

jeffrey8164 Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:59 am

Iíll be going to the Lakeland FL Classic this March.
Maybe not the Biggest in the World but this year all the Herbies will be there.

ratlookvw Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:43 pm

spa in Belgium.....

crukab Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:48 pm

The BBT party Thursday kicks off Bad Camberg weekend with the Euro Bug-in the following weekend, is a great time...

BulliBill Sun Dec 26, 2021 1:37 pm

Assuming that the pandemic subsides a bit and allows us to, we are preparing for a "three-VW weekends-in-a-row" VW adventure in June:

the Wanroj VW show weekend in the Netherlands, then the incredible and frankly incomparable Hessisch-Oldendorf Vintage VW Treffen weekend in Germany, then the "wild and wooly" European Bug-In weekend in Chimay, Belgium. Then when I get home I can then sleep it all off for the rest of the year!

Stay warm, happy and healthy! Get your shots...

Bill Bowman

babysnakes Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:46 am

notchboy wrote: But I think VolksWorld show in the UK is quite the spectacle.

I can attest to that. I think I was there in 2017. It was a blast!