TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Urgent!! Need Photos of Cali Style for HVW Mag Article
nextgen Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:44 am

Guys,
HVW magazine wants to a 25ths anniversary article on not only my conversion but on the benefits of the T-4. It may be a series in several additions They pulled up series of articles from the early 90's and I sent magazines from VW TRENDS VW Motoring UK, and VW Australia.

What I need from you are " Recent " T-4 Cali Style Photos in different stages of build.. They said if you live in Calif they will come to your home and take photos of your cars.

Send photos me [email protected]
Joe Cali

Hey you guys in Europe, UK etc can send your also to my email address with your name and OK for me use the photos.

This is not only for Cali Style but can be also Corvair Style, Porsche, DTM

Got to get Jake on this !!

Wreck Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:14 pm

Joe I can give you more photos from my conversion.It could still be classed as a Cali style because the upper tins could be made from stock tins to suit the different shape shroud .

nextgen Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:29 pm

Perfect !!!! HVW came to me because my manual defines the time line, 25 years, that brought all the upright conversions together. So your custom designed upright conversion as well as the Porsche, DTM, Corvair Horizontal and the many Sharpbuilt of Australia will be fine.

Email me the photos with your name, I will tell them we have your authorization to use the photos and and to mention your name as the creator.

If you have some showing bare case to final assembly the steps that will be great. The more info shown the more articles they may do. THe original back in the 90's was 4 issues.

Also believe they would like to get into the T-4 performance building so some photos of that may also be their idea. I will talk to them in more detail in the coming days.

nextgen Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:12 pm

Wreck great photos -- I emailed you !!

Also the guy that did the Videos below contacted me with some guys from a Euro New Group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3ewTqOxRZA&t=53s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deD2JxpUA48