TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: 1962 Samba Bus Scale 1/8 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Dann Tellez Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:55 pm

LAGrunthaner wrote: I wish that magazine was in English :cry:

I wish I could translate them for you but I think my English is not good enough and there’s a lot of information to share!

Dann Tellez Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:43 pm

Assembly No. 21

Evolution of T1 (1955-1959)

The Transporter reached its fifth year of production with reforms in many aspects, which made it more practical, useful and versatile. Thus, the foundations of an authentic legend that would consolidate during the following decade were already established.

Dann Tellez Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:51 pm

Assembly No. 22

Travelers in T1

The T1 turned out to be an ideal vehicle to travel, so it is not surprising that many adventurers were dedicated to travel the world with her. Some of these trips became even icons that have served as a reference for many other lovers of traveling with the house in tow.

Dann Tellez Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:15 pm

Assembly No. 23

Scratching the pavement

The Volkswagen world can be enjoyed in many ways: while some do it by restoring its historical vehicle to return it to the state that is most similar to the one that left the production chain, others prefer to modify it to become an expression of their personality.

busworks Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:21 am

This kit is looking excellent! Patiently waiting for my pieces. 👍

Dann Tellez Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:53 am

busworks wrote: This kit is looking excellent! Patiently waiting for my pieces. 👍

Yeeeep, itīs getting better and better......

You wonīt regret when you have it all.....

Italjohn Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:04 am

WOW :D

https://www.planetadeagostini.es/colecciones-altaya/maquetas-modelismo/vw-combi-samba-bus

c21darrel Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:12 pm

Good place for this?

https://www.model-space.com/build-the-vw-t1-samba-hippie-van-model.html

Dann Tellez Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:07 pm

c21darrel wrote: Good place for this?

https://www.model-space.com/build-the-vw-t1-samba-hippie-van-model.html

Thatīs a good option for you guys in the US, I have to buy it week after week here in Mexico.

Dann Tellez Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:14 pm

Assembly No. 24

The Transporter, movie star

Volkswagen vans are much more than just a vehicle. Become a true cultural icon, it is not surprising that they have appeared in many movies and television series, including as protagonists. It is a film career that covers all genres and all times, until today.

Dann Tellez Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:19 pm

Assembly No. 25

The vans decorated: art in motion

The paneled versions of the Transporter have been used by many traders and professionals. The advertising graphics painted on the sides of these vans in the 1950s and 1960s, nowadays great classics of advertising art, arouse passion.

Dann Tellez Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:06 am

Assembly No.26

Volkswagen: brand history (1)

Volkswagen is considered, at present, as one of the leading car manufacturers, but its beginnings were much more difficult than it might seem. With a factory in ruins and at an extremely difficult economic time, the Wolfsburg brand was reborn from its ashes to become a world reference.

Happy Christmas everybody....

Dann Tellez Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:00 pm

Assembly No.27

The other T1 Camper

In addition to Westphalia, other manufacturers also offered their own conversions of the T1 for lovers of camping. The popularization of camping in the United States made the demand for this type of vehicles soar and offered a good business opportunity to a large number of entrepreneurs.

Dann Tellez Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:13 pm

Assembly No. 28

Evolution of T1 (1959-1962)

The Transporter entered the new decade maintaining the basic characteristics that had made it a success during its first ten years of life. To them, Volkswagen added a large number of technical improvements that ensured the commercial validity of the T1 for several years, in a process of continuous improvement, a method comparable to what was already being applied in the Bug

EverettB Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:37 pm

I have been enjoying your progress on this model.

I hope this is not rude but is this an issue with the manufacturing of this part?

Can it be heated up a little, maybe with a hair dryer, and flattened?

Dann Tellez Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:56 am

EverettB wrote: I have been enjoying your progress on this model.

I hope this is not rude but is this an issue with the manufacturing of this part?

Can it be heated up a little, maybe with a hair dryer, and flattened?

Thanks Everett, so far, this is the only major issue that Iīve found, seems I will have to cut the excess of material so it can fit properly, hope youīre enjoying the progress as much as I do.

busworks Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:22 am

I would think this could be heated and reformed to fit properly

Fish Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:21 pm

It looks to me like it is hitting the base of the grab bar on the left, causing the piece to bow. Depending on what the material the seat is made of would determine how to flatten. Just heating would not work unless heating it shrinks the material allowing it to lay flat. I think Dann Tellez is on the right track in trimming it to fit better.
At the cost of this model I would hope the company has seen this problem (in there QC department) and a replacement part will be sent out.
What a great project. I can't wait to see more.

Dann Tellez Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:40 pm

Nothing that a good glue canīt fix.....

Dann Tellez Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:44 pm

Assembly No. 29

The Caddy

The name Caddy has been used by Volkswagen to name several of its commercial models over more than thirty years. Although they were vehicles of very different conception among them, they all had in common their great versatility.