TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: NCAA Finals who's your pick "Villanova or Michigan"
T Hollis Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:13 pm

Who is your pick?

I'm going with "Villanova" as they already look like an "NBA" team and are scoring the numbers!

But, than again "Michigan" is ... well ... "Michigan"!

c21darrel Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:17 pm

Arent you supposed to make a "pick" when there are 64 teams in the madness mix? :D

T Hollis Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:57 pm

No one would believe me, but I did pick "Villanova" to win the championship at the very start. 8)

c21darrel Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:41 am

Youre right. :wink:

sb001 Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:19 pm

What a "who cares" national championship game- 2 high seeded power conference teams so little investment, non-competitive from the start, and all made even worse by the fact that it was moved to TBS.
I don't think you could have scripted a worse scenario.

T Hollis Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:30 pm

sb001 wrote: What a "who cares" national championship game- 2 high seeded power conference teams so little investment, non-competitive from the start, and all made even worse by the fact that it was moved to TBS.
I don't think you could have scripted a worse scenario.

Agreed.... :roll: .

Cusser Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:14 pm

I'm going to pick Villanova.

Joe 20 Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:44 pm

Said on the news that it was the lowest rated, least viewed championship game ever. Pretty dumb move putting it on TBS

Cusser Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:37 pm

Joe 20 wrote: Pretty dumb move putting it on TBS

I looked for semi-final games Saturday in the listings, checked CBS first and ESPN, couldn't find them. Saw last few minutes of 2nd game at a restaurant.

As far as I was concerned, all of the last 3 games were yawners.

T Hollis Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:38 am

Joe 20 wrote: Said on the news that it was the lowest rated, least viewed championship game ever. Pretty dumb move putting it on TBS

"Yep", I tired for a good solid "20" minutes to log into their site and purchase just the game but, had no luck.
It's a real "pisser" when you think that these are public tax payer run institutions (cough...cough...) and the biggest games of the year aern't open to the general public. :x

sb001 Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:22 am

Apparently the contract to alternate the final four games between CBS and the Turner channels goes through 2024. Not sure who's more responsible for that fiasco, but it can pretty much guarantee a low viewership rating for the even years.

awreed Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:15 pm

The first two rounds are the most interesting.... made even more so when you have money riding on every single one of those 48 games. I encourage everyone to go to Vegas for those four days in the middle of March each year. You'll never have so much stress, anger, and anxiety riding on whether or not a 19-year-old can make his god-damn free throws.

T Hollis Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:22 am

awreed wrote: The first two rounds are the most interesting.... made even more so when you have money riding on every single one of those 48 games. I encourage everyone to go to Vegas for those four days in the middle of March each year. You'll never have so much stress, anger, and anxiety riding on whether or not a 19-year-old can make his god-damn free throws.

Like we owners of these little cars don't already have enough stress.... :D !

HMVWNAB Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:59 am

Should have been watching the woman’s final four. 4 strongest teams, all down to the wire, OT, last second shots. Those girls can play.