TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Austria
AustroBus Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:55 am

Hello from Austria!
(this tiny country next to Germany, in Europe - NOT Australia)

I just wondered how many austrian thesamba members i can find.. :-k
I know about:
djfordmanjack
Huetti_1989
oldspeed79
WOB1

I thought this thread would also be nice to write about meetings and getting to know new people. Let me know if you need anything concerning Austria - maybe i can help you!

Visit my website to read about upcoming VW meetings in Austria (and entire Europe) in 2018.

Gurn Blanston Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:59 pm

You have a beautiful country. We were fortunate enough to visit Salzburg on our way back up from Venice into Germany a couple of years ago. We very much enjoyed the Wienerschnitzel.

I recently learned that after the Von Trapp family fled Austria in '38, they settled in Stowe Vermont in the U.S., where the Von Trapp family has run a ski lodge ever since. The remains of Georg, Maria, Agathe, Hedwig, Martina, Rupert, and Werner are interred there. Rosemarie, Johannes and Eleonore are still alive, as far as I know.

AustroBus Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:05 am

Yes, we have a very beautiful country, i can't appreciate that enough! :D
And a real Wienerschnitzel is one of the best meals ever - anyone who did not try it, definetely missed something in his life..

Yes, the Trapps are from Austria. Believe me or not, but the entire "The Sound of Music"-topic is very popular in the U.S. but if you ask me, hardly anyone in Austria knows about the Trapp family and their story.

al-staire Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:23 pm

I an not a born austrian , but I live in Upper Austria, does that count? 8)

dielinde Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:32 am

Hallo i am new here, but Long into aircooled VWs...

I am Matthias from Carintha, 38 and i drive a 84 Sondermodell Eisblau with Stahlsport Wheels and White Walls...