TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: 1956 Euro - Does this look "right"?
mabbo Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:00 pm

Hi,

Im looking for a Euro model Oval and have found a 56 that has done around 50k miles from new, and has all original paint/interior/engine etc...

The car looks real nice to me, but Im not sure about the switches under the dash? Iv never owned an oval so Im not sure what is factory:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/elrtyhq102jsmxe/2.jpeg?dl=0

There looks to be a home made bracket? Or is that factory? Iv looked through the gallery but I cant find anything the same.

Also, it looks like under the seat base is correct, and the plastic trim pieces dont start until later models?

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/d4dnew6av1gn5dk/9.jpeg?dl=0

Thanks, Neil

VW_Jimbo Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:42 pm

Hard to tell. The pictures are not showing up.

mabbo Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:48 pm

VW_Jimbo wrote: Hard to tell. The pictures are not showing up.

The link seems to work but I can't get it to display the pictures?

Thanks

Mark Evans Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:51 pm

I think what you're referring to is a windshield washer device??

mabbo Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:56 pm

Ahh could well be as there is a washer jet fitted to the scuttle that I have only just noticed.

I'm guessing they were not factory fitted till a few years later

62ItalianRagtop Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:12 am

Have you other pictures of this beauty ?

mabbo Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:05 am

Yea i have a few from the guy selling but I'm a little cautious to put them online as they are not 'my' photos.

Hoping to view it on the next few days so if I buy I'll put them all on here if your interested?

Thanks

62ItalianRagtop Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:21 am

I think that the color is praire beige.
Here some pictures of an unmolested 57 praire beige

mabbo Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:09 pm

62ItalianRagtop wrote: I think that the color is praire beige.

Thanks for those pics, looks great. I may be wrong but I thought prarie beige had white piping on the seats and door cards, like in the pics... but nile beige had brown piping like the one im considering buying?

Thanks, Neil

62ItalianRagtop Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:27 pm

Yes, seat beading for nile beige was rusty brown

aa390392 Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:53 pm

Yes! Damn nice example....liking the cloth seats, my 56 PB, has blood red OG vinyl..as in great shape still...
Cheers Thomas

Kjell Roar Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:51 am

mabbo wrote: 62ItalianRagtop wrote: I think that the color is praire beige.

Thanks for those pics, looks great. I may be wrong but I thought prarie beige had white piping on the seats and door cards, like in the pics... but nile beige had brown piping like the one im considering buying?

Thanks, Neil

The one in your pictures that you looking for, mabbo, is a Nile beige, quite rare, only 8 months of production.

My Nilbeige 56 to the left, Prairiebeige 57 on the right. I have the rusty red interior with brown piping.