TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Anybody else digging JDM Legends?
anthracitedub Fri May 11, 2018 5:47 am

I’ve always enjoyed old Japanese cars and bikes... quite refreshing to see a show with some cool JDM metal, soooo over mustangs, camaros and LS conversions. Guy seems real cool too.

It seems his shop might be on the same block as Kindigs shop.

Did anyone else notice the lot with VWs in the back ground on ep.4?

So far I dig this show.... I know it’s just entertainment... but so far, it lacks the usual bullshit that most of the car shows have... drama, stupidity,deadlines, etc.

jeffinohio Fri May 11, 2018 6:17 am

I really like it.Kindigs show is the only one I watched before,as they don't add fake drama.I saw the JDM episode where they did the early 240,and it was great.

74 Thing Fri May 11, 2018 6:33 am

I like the fact that he is so into the fit and finish and using original parts for the cars sourced from around the world when he can get his hands on them. Cleaning up the engine bays to be aesthetically pleasing, but still having the power that they came with and being true to the heritage of the vehicle.

I enjoyed watching the Datsun 510 build since my brother had one growing up.

anthracitedub Fri May 11, 2018 6:43 am

Yes, I’m in complete agreement with the way he does his work. Keeps them kinda true to the era and heritage.

I want that Datsun shop truck!!! I had friends in school back in the 90s that had those... cool little cruisers.

hotsam Fri May 11, 2018 10:07 am

It certainly seems better than most other shows on Velocity, which are steaming piles of garbage.

Spezialist Fri May 11, 2018 8:45 pm

Legends

Glenn Sat May 12, 2018 5:03 am

Maybe they'll do a Datsun 510 GTV.

ach60 Sat May 12, 2018 3:22 pm

I too have enjoyed JDM Legends.
Is subject matter deep enough to support a show?
I wouldn’t tune in to watch them restore a 510 every week.
I can only think on about a ½ dozen Japanese cars of historic significance, but little story about the Be1 was cool too.
I can do without the drama, cussing & beeps that Discovery seems to thrive on.

Mr. Unpopular Sun May 13, 2018 1:37 pm

ach60 wrote: I too have enjoyed JDM Legends.
Is subject matter deep enough to support a show?
I wouldn’t tune in to watch them restore a 510 every week.
I can only think on about a ½ dozen Japanese cars of historic significance, but little story about the Be1 was cool too.
I can do without the drama, cussing & beeps that Discovery seems to thrive on.

Came here to say this. I really enjoy the cinematography and subject matter, and lack of fake drama, I'm just not sure there's enough different subjects to keep it viable.

Sharp64 Tue May 15, 2018 4:04 pm

Pretty much ditto above. It’ll be interesting to see what else they dig up to feature? So far haven’t they done two Skylines? My mom had a 72 240Z when I was growing up so that episode really interested me.

The second guy reminds me of one of the guys from Fantomworks but I forget his name.

anthracitedub Tue May 15, 2018 5:08 pm

Idk, I think there are quite a few cars, engines, transmission and other offerings from Japan to keep my interest. They haven’t even got into Toyota’s yet... what about a kick ass Supra ? We’ve had decades worth of shows catered to GM and Ford... to me it’s a breath of fresh air. I’m hoping the show gets picked up and it’s not just a pilot.

Sharp64 Tue May 15, 2018 7:13 pm

anthracitedub wrote:

Did anyone else notice the lot with VWs in the back ground on ep.4?

Googled JDM’s address which is Murray Utah. I then googled “VW Aircooled” and Aircooled.net is in Murray Utah as well and right around the corner..... Think that’s it.